The Textbook Liberation Fund

rory

Feb 14, 2016, 11:39:26 AM2/14/16
to Open Educational Resources - an online discussion forum, OE...@googlegroups.com
ALL
I have contacted the US-based SkyePack Textbook Liberation Fund Director, Kris Staff and she has informed me that Non-US faculty are eligible to participate in their RFP.  NOTE the deadline for the first call is FEB 28, 2016 in two weeks. There will be other calls later, but I would suggest that the odds of acceptance will be better in this first call. I shall have further discussions with her later this week.

Information about the fund is available at:
http://skyepack.com/Textbook-Liberation-Fund.html

The Textbook Liberation Fund was created to provide financial assistance to faculty members pursuing, or interested in pursuing, a course materials cost reduction project (“Project”). Applications will be accepted in 3-4 application rounds each year, with grant awardees from each application round moving through their Projects from development to launch as a group or cohort (“Cohort”). $500,000 is available for disbursement over the lifetime of the Textbook Liberation Fund, with individual project grant awards varying in size based on multiple factors including, but not limited to:

  • The number of faculty members involved in the Project
  • The scope of the Project
  • The amount of effort required for the Project
  • The potential impact of the Project to student savings

Here is a news release about the programme:
http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/new-textbook-liberation-fund-aims-to-save-college-students-1-billion-2095126.htm

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss.

All the best.
Rory
--
Rory McGreal
UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chair in OER

Hemlata Chari

Feb 14, 2016, 11:43:25 AM2/14/16
to OE...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Rory for sharing
Is it applicable to  Indians?
I need your guidance let me go and read if I have any query shall mail you.
Hows it going otherwise?
Take Care
Hema

Dr Hemlata Chari
Deputy Director Academic
IDOL
Univ of Mumbai

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OERu" group.

rory

Feb 14, 2016, 12:02:25 PM2/14/16
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Hemlata,
My understanding is that it is open to all. But they may want some US benefit. I shall talk to her this week and get more info. And, you could contact her directly. She responded quickly to my queries. Kris Skaff <kr...@skyepack.com>
All the best.
Rory

Rory McGreal
UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chair in OER
Co-Editor IRRODL
Athabasca University

Hemlata Chari

Feb 14, 2016, 12:46:15 PM2/14/16
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rory
H R Chari, PhD -Univ of Alberta
Deputy Director- Academic
IDOL
University of Mumbai
India

Cable Green

Feb 14, 2016, 3:19:23 PM2/14/16
to OE...@googlegroups.com, OER Forum, Rory McGreal
Thanks Rory:

I'm going to reach out and ask if they will please require a CC license on the products of their grants - so everyone can use the resources produced.

I don't see that requirement in their existing language.

Cheers,

Cable

Cable