Meet OERu's first graduate

Wayne Mackintosh

Dec 8, 2014, 11:10:58 PM12/8/14
to oe...@googlegroups.com, OERu planning
Hi everyone,

Thompson Rivers University (TRU) student, Michelle Aragon had a study abroad experience without ever leaving home— and made history to boot, becoming the first student to receive academic credit for completing a course through the OERu.

"It was also quite freeing not to be tied to a textbook and able to follow what I wanted to learn about and what I wanted to write about." Michelle Aragon (Read more ...)

This proves that OER can provide more affordable access to formal academic credit.

Wayne

Acknowledgement:
Article first published by Bridges, Thompson Rivers University Fall 2014, Issue 12.  Reprinted with permission and minor adaptations.

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation