The Open University joins the OERu

Wayne Mackintosh

Jul 29, 2014, 6:56:46 PM7/29/14
to oe...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

Open education pioneer, the Open University has confirmed their decision to join the OERu network.

We extend a very warm welcome to the OU on joining our philanthropic family.

Links

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation

Joyce.M...@esc.edu

Aug 1, 2014, 5:00:44 PM8/1/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations.

Aug 1, 2014, 5:32:05 PM8/1/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!!!

Warm wishes,

Dr. Nellie Deutsch
Educational Technology & Leadership
About Me

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Drop by drop the bucket is filled, moment by moment awareness is developed ~ Unknown

Hemlata Chari

Aug 2, 2014, 12:04:44 AM8/2/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com

congrats

Maria Droujkova

Aug 2, 2014, 8:11:34 AM8/2/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone

Open education pioneer, the Open University has confirmed their decision to join the OERu network.

We extend a very warm welcome to the OU on joining our philanthropic family.

Links

Wayne

Great news, Wayne!

Will OU do pretty much the same thing as other partners, or will it have a special role?

Cheers,
Dr. Maria Droujkova

Wayne Mackintosh

Aug 2, 2014, 10:32:32 PM8/2/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria,

In the OERu model, our anchor partners agree to the core principles of engagement but retain decision-making autonomy regarding credit transfer and course articulation. The strength of the OERu network lies in its diversity and individual partners bring unique strengths to the table. No doubt the depth of experience in ODL and open education at the OU will add tremendous value to the partnership.

The OU also hosts an ICDE Chair in OER. The implementation of the OERu is a designated project of the UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chair network. Together with the UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chairs hosted by the OERu partners at Athabasca University and Otago Polytechnic, I anticipate that we will be collaborating on aspects of the UNESCO 2012 Paris OER Declaration, for example capability development in OER. The OER Chair network will be meeting at the ICDE Standing Committee of Presidents meeting later this year in November where we will be discussing collaborative activities in more detail.

We'll keep the OERu community up to date with developments.

Wayne

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OERu" group.