EU funded "Making MOOCs on a Budget"

Brian Mulligan

May 17, 2016, 10:34:28 AM5/17/16
to OERu
We're doing the second launch of our MOOC "Making MOOCs on a Budget" today.

If you or any of your colleagues would be interested you can register at: https://edge.edx.org/courses/course-v1:DelftX-Locomotion+MOOCs4ALL+2016/about - feel free to share with others.

We will be referring to Wikieducator as a possible platform for open courses in this course.

Regards,

Brian

PS. It is this project that has been keeping me away from my OERu responsibilities - sorry about that.

Press Release moocs4all.eu

Anyone can build a Massive Open Online Course!

There is no way that Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) can be sustainable when they are that expensive to build! Well, so let’s take the cost out of their production. A group of educators in Europe want to prove that if you can teach at all, then you can also teach thousands of participants online. This group from Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland and Spain have got together to show how it can be done. On the 17th of May, 2016, they will be launching their open online course titled “Making MOOCs on a Budget” to show how one can build an open online courses with very little money and even with limited time. They will cover how to quickly create video content and how to source other free content on the web, how to engage learners and how to assess progress. This course will be useful to those who are just curious, those who wish to learn new techniques and those who wish to actually build a MOOC. The course will stay open for four months so that participants can access their peers and tutors as they build their courses. Start creating your own course and sign up at moocs4all.eu — together with your colleagues.

The LoCoMotion project is funded by the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships Fund.