Soft launch: This OERu list on google groups is moving to a new home

Wayne Mackintosh

Sep 5, 2015, 2:07:55 AM9/5/15
to oe...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

This is an early notification that this list (oe...@google.groups.com) will be moving to a new home in the near future.

The OER Foundation has established a new site:  community.oeru.org which will become the main community hub for our OERu conversations.

This site is powered by the popular Discourse open source software engine. Discourse works rather well with mobile devices and has a number of powerful community building features.

This is a "soft" launch of the new site. However, we need your help to ensure a successful launch and migration to our new home.  We are inviting members of the OERu list who are familiar with social media and interested in helping us to seed the new site with authentic conversation.

Pop in, have a look around. If you're familiar with these technologies, create an account and show your appreciation for interesting contributions by clicking on the heart to like a post. Feel free to add to the conversation.

We still have a little work to do in preparing the site for for the official launch but in the open source spirit of releasing early and frequently we are inviting you to have a look around.

In the coming weeks, once we have seeded our new community garden, we will post email invitations to all members of this oe...@google.groups.com list to join  community.oeru.org.

Let us know what you think of the new technology - preferably by posting on community.oeru.org

Look forward to seeing you in our new community site!

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator

Anil Prasad

Sep 5, 2015, 2:48:16 AM9/5/15
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Wayne,

Thank you for the info. Signed up at community.oeru.org . Let us make it an excellent place for showcasing creativity, productivity and commitment of the community.

Warm regards
Anil

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OERu" group.

Warm regards
Anil

P. Anil Prasad
Deputy Secretary (Lifelong Learning) and
Head (Telecom and Logistics Courses)
Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP)
Higher Education Department,
Government of Kerala, India
3rd Floor, Trans Towers
Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram -14

Home pages:

Author of the Imanofutu open (CC-BY-SA) fiction series

Brian Mulligan

Sep 10, 2015, 9:04:06 AM9/10/15
to OERu, oe...@googlegroups.com
I'm a big fan of the simplicity of Google Groups but community.oeru.org looks good too.

I've popped in and posted a discussion item on an issue that is close to my heart: "The merits of NOT collaborating"

Brian