Re: [OERU] Digest for OERu@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Irwin DeVries

Dec 16, 2014, 8:47:00 AM12/16/14
to OE...@googlegroups.com
Here’s a warm (so to speak!) welcome to Canberra from Canada! We look forward to working with you.

Irwin DeVries PhD
Director, Curriculum Development
Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 4:25 AM, <OE...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com>: Dec 16 02:08PM +1300

We are proud to announce OERu's newest partner, the University of Canberra
(UC). We extend a very warm welcome to UC on joining the OERu family.

The membership announcement coincides with the launch of UC Open
<http://www.canberra.edu.au/uclearning/ucopen> which provides the community
with access to the University of Canberra’s open content for learning.

Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education), Professor Nick Klomp, says,

* “The University of Canberra is looking forward to contributing to this
collaboration. Everything about OERu is open – the planning, designing and
thinking about the **future of education occurs in the open and all parties
can contribute. In a networked world, this kind of collaboration is going
to become more and more important. Sharing our experiences, and building
our collective knowledge about how best to harness the open agenda to
support student learning, and to support the ongoing vitality of our
institutions in challenging times, are just two of the benefits the
University of Canberra can see in contributing to OERu.” Read more
<http://www.canberra.edu.au/uclearning/news/current/uc-learning-newsletter-201421>
...*

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation

Good news Wayne

Sent from my iPad

On 16/12/2014, at 2:08 pm, Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com<mailto:mackinto...@gmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OERu" group.

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com
Wayne Mackintosh <mackinto...@gmail.com>: Dec 16 12:54PM +1300

The New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO has called on the OER
Foundation to use their tested micro Open Online Course (mOOC) model to
build capability in OER and open educational practices.

Elizabeth Rose, Secretary General of the Commission says:

"*The OER Foundation project is well aligned with the strategic priority of
the National Commission to contribute to quality life-long education for
all in the area of technological change. Developing these courses as OER
also promotes UNESCO’s global strategic priority of facilitating universal
access to information and knowledge for educators worldwide." Read more
<http://oeru.org/news/nz-national-commission-for-unesco-supports-oer-moocs-for-capability-development-at-oerf/>
...*

A key challenge for the OERu collaboration is finding solutions to maximise
the reuse of OER learning pathways across a variety of delivery platforms
while harnessing the power of PLEs and distributed interactions.

Building on our experiences in using PLEs for the Open Content Licensing
for Educators course, we look forward to experimenting with the integration
of materials developed in WikiEducator using two popular open source
platforms including Open edX and WordPress. We will also configure a
version for delivery using Otago Polytechnic's learning management system
(Moodle).