Disrupting College: How Disruptive Innovation Can Deliver Quality and Affordability to Postsecondary Education

1 view

Cable Green

Feb 12, 2011, 6:42:12 PM2/12/11
to Educause Openness Constituent Group (OPENNESS@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU), oer-advocac...@googlegroups.com, oerf-thought-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All:

You’ll want to read these articles, the report and attend the webinar… and ask: what role does Open Education … maybe a global Open University … have to play in this conversation?

This is Clayton Christensen’s “Disruptive Innovation” theory applied to public higher education… and we should pay close attention to the theory, the analysis of how it applies to higher education, and the risks to our existing business models.

After reading this report, you might ask: “How can we reduce complexity and cost by fundamentally adjusting (or creating new) business models and fully leveraging technologies (and open educational resources) to produce and deliver educational products and services that are simple, affordable, and convenient?”

·         ChronicleInside Higher Ed articles

·         Report: “Disrupting College: How Disruptive Innovation Can Deliver Quality and Affordability to Postsecondary Education”

o    full report

o    executive summary

o    video of the report

·         Webinar: Disrupting College

o   Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 from 11:00am – Noon (pacific)

o    Location: Elluminate

Cable

Cable Green, PhD

Director of eLearning & Open Education