OCPAC –Conflict or Capitulation? The Runoffs

John Michener

Aug 14, 2016, 10:10:28 AM8/14/16
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  Program August 17: Rep. Sally Kern

2.  Primaries:  Healthy Conflict or Capitulation?

1.  Program August 17: Rep. Sally Kern.  This Wednesday at noon at Mama Roja we will hear from term-limited Representative Sally Kern, who will reflect on the good, the bad, and the ugly during her twelve years of service at the Marble Pork Pen at 23rd and Lincoln.

2.  Primaries: Healthy Conflict or Capitulation?  In just nine days, the Republican primary runoff elections will offer real choices.  Elections have consequences.  This primary will go a long way toward determining what kind of representation we get.  Are we going to fight, or are we going to give in?  Will your official capitulate to every policy proposed by party leadership?  Will he rubber stamp Washington’s every directive for fear of fiscal threats?  Or will your representative be determined to fight every policy, local and federal, which threatens lives, liberty, and property?

Take abortion, for example.  How does one choose between two candidates who call themselves “pro-life?”  It is necessary to look beyond the slogans and proclaimed principles to the candidates’ strategy for implementing pro-life policy.

Many pro-life politicians believe that nothing can be done to stop abortion unless the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) reverses its previous opinions.  These politicians are heavily influenced by pro-life lobbyists who hold the same view.  The most well known pro-life lobbyist in Oklahoma begins his candidate questionnaire this way:  “If Roe v. Wade were overturned, would you vote for a law to ban abortion…?”  As you see, he presupposes that nothing can be done until Roe v. Wade is overturned.  In his mind, we must obey SCOTUS opinions, and Oklahoma cannot propose a ban on abortion unless SCOTUS first allows it.  Therefore, the solutions which he, and politicians which hold this view, put forward never actually outlaw abortion or stop determined parents from murdering their children.  What strategy do the candidates support?  Are they going to fight, or are they going to accept the status quo?

Our Governor and Legislature have not been willing to directly defy the incorrect and immoral opinions of SCOTUS, although to do so would be justified under Natural Law and the founders’ design of separation of powers.  Historically, the standard has been that when the state commands that which God forbids or forbids that which God commands, we are to obey God rather than man.  This standard applies to government officials just as it does to individuals.  Most candidates endorsed by OCPAC understand this Christian concept known as The Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates.

The Tulsa Beacon reports that the opponent of Joe Newhouse is pro-abortion.  She only recently changed her political party affiliation to run as a Republican.  In Tulsa’s Senate District 25, the choice is clear:  Joe Newhouse.

Amanda Teegarden for Tulsa’s Senate District 39 and Scott McEachin for Tulsa’s House District 67 are two more candidates endorsed by OCPAC who face runoff elections.  Amanda and Scott both certainly understand the doctrine of the lesser magistrates, and they openly endorse political strategies which could bring an immediate end to abortion without waiting for a corrupt court to correct itself.

Paul Bair is another candidate who understands we must not capitulate to tyranny, but use the power of the state to fight for justice immediately.  In his race for Edmond’s Senate District 41, Demonrat operatives are throwing their support behind his opponent.  They do not want their favored Demonrat to have to face the formidable obstacle of Paul Blair in the November general election.  Their plot against Paul was revealed in a story by The Oklahoman, and you can see a fun video here about the sinister strategy.

A similar attack has been launched against former Representative Mike Reynolds in his race for Cleveland County Clerk.  Mike said, “If anybody thinks county offices are not partisan, they should ask themselves why Democrats are funding 90% of my opponent’s campaign.”  Vote for Mike Reynolds on August 23 in Moore, Norman, Noble, Slaughterville, and Lexington.

Additional Notes

·         Join our Facebook group.

·         Become an OCPAC member with this form.

·         We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen.

·         The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members.