OCPAC – Principle Without Policy is Dead

John Michener

Jun 10, 2016, 6:21:32 PM6/10/16
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  Principle Without Policy

2.  Program June 15:  Conservative Index

3.  VAXXED – The Movie

1.  Principle Without Policy.  “What good does it do…if someone claims to have faith but does not prove it with actions?…  Show me your faith without any actions, and I will show you my faith by my actions…  For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without actions is also dead” (James 2:14-26 ISV).

Most of us readily recognize these words from the brother of Jesus.  If only our politicians understood them.  Elected officials and candidates for office eagerly trumpet their principles.  “Faith!  Family!  Freedom!” they cry, but what policies do they propose?  How do they vote?  Show me your principle by your policy.  For principle without corresponding policy is dead.

Take, for example, the principle that human life is valuable and should be protected.  Our governor, Bloody Mary, claims to be “pro-life.”  Yet she stands idly by with lame legal excuses while the least of her charges are murdered.  Would our officials act differently if they knew that twenty parents were going to hire a surgical assassin to butcher their toddlers today … and tomorrow … and the next day … all year long?  Would not the governor move heaven and earth to immediately halt the murder of toddlers?  If she would not do it, would not the Legislature call a special session?  If they would not do it, would not district attorneys prosecute anyway?  If they would not prosecute, would not sheriffs keep making arrests until the other officials got the message?

Unless pro-life officials take action to actually stop the bloodshed, their principles are tripe—rubbish.  Their principles are as DEAD as those innocent children.

2.  Program June 15:  Conservative Index.  This Wednesday at noon at Mama Roja we will examine two dozen policy proposals which may demonstrate the real principles of our legislators.  Legislators claim to support families, but have they protected marriage and children?  They claim to support freedom, but have they enslaved us with taxes, rules, and regulations?  These are the questions we will debate on Wednesday as we seek to produce an Oklahoma Conservative Index which will accurately reflect where policy did or did not support conservative principles.

Anyone may participate in this meeting, and we especially welcome legislators to provide insight and input.

3.  VAXXED – The Movie in OKC.  Some people like to read articles; some like to watch movies.  If you have been following the vaccine debate, or especially if you have young children, consider seeing the movie VAXXED at B&B Theatres in Oklahoma City.

We have many friends with toddlers who are about to hit that next major round of vaccination.  It would not be loving to withhold some of the reasons why millions of parents choose not to administer all vaccinations:

  1. Recommended doses have increased from a hand full to sixty-nine.
  2. Vaccine manufacturers are immune from any and all liability.
  3. Vaccines are not as effective as you have been told.
  4. Vaccines were introduced after disease rates were already sharply dropping.
  5. Certain vaccines can trigger autism or other neurological and auto-immune diseases.
  6. The risk of harm from the vaccine may be greater than the risk of the disease you wish to avoid.
  7. Herd immunity does not work the way claimed.
  8. Many ingredients in vaccines are toxic to the human body and include animal DNA.
  9. Many vaccines are designed using aborted fetal tissue as a growth medium.
  10. Financial conflicts of interest abound.

Vaccination, just like every other medical decision, should be your informed choice.  Are you informed?  Do not get every vaccination just because everyone is doing it, or because your parents think you should, or because the government mandates it, or because someone in a lab coat said you need to do it to be healthy.  Make sure you know what you are doing with each and every shot.

If this is a rabbit hole you have never explored, start with this article which provides a simple overview of the points listed above.

Additional Notes

·         Join our Facebook group.

·         Become an OCPAC member with this form.

·         We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen.

·         The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members.