OCPAC - Identity Earthquakes

John Michener

Jan 17, 2016, 9:39:24 AM1/17/16
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  Right-Wing Raffle

2.  OCPAC Legislative Awards Banquet

3.  Program Jan. 20:  Rep. Lewis Moore, REAL ID & Earthquakes

4.  Deadly Discrimination Against Foster Parents

5.  Oklahoma Sheriff Says Go Get Guns

6.  Pastor v. Politician

1.  Right-Wing Raffle

OCPAC is in possession of a framed print of the Ten Commandments.  I know you already have a copy in your Bible or hanging on your wall, but this print is special.  It is autographed by these ten people:

  • Roy & Kayla Moore, Roy is Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court
  • Phyllis Schlafly, founder of Eagle Forum
  • David Limbaugh, political author and Rush’s little brother
  • Bill Federer, historian & author
  • Joe Scarborough, U.S. Congressman & radio host
  • John Stormer, author of None Dare Call It Treason
  • Erika Harold, Miss America 2003
  • David Barton, founder of WallBuilders
  • Charlie Meadows, found of Oklahoma Conservative PAC

Between now and our annual Legislative Awards Banquet, we will be selling raffle tickets for this prize at $2 per ticket, or $10 for six tickets, or $20 for fifteen tickets.  Tickets may be purchased at our next three weekly meetings or at the banquet.  The print will be awarded at the end of our banquet on February 5.  The winner must hold the winning ticket and be present at the banquet.  Yes, we will let you give your ticket to someone going to the banquet if you cannot make it in person.

2.  OCPAC Legislative Awards Banquet

If you have not purchased your tickets, now is the time.  This event will be a semi-formal, catered dinner.  Here are the details:

OCPAC Legislative Awards Banquet

Friday 5 February 2016 at 6:30 PM

Business Conference Center - Metro Technology Centers

Springlake Campus

1900 Springlake Dr., OKC, OK 73111

Dinner is served at 6:30 sharp.  Be on time.  Park in Lot E on the south side of campus.  Enter the parking lot directly from Martin Luther King just north of Metro Tech Dr.  Here is the program:

  • Invocation
  • Charge to the legislators by keynote speaker, Matt Trewhella
  • Tribute to Charlie Meadows, founder of OCPAC
  • Awards presented to Oklahoma’s Conservative Legislators
  • Right-Wing Raffle prize awarded
  • Benediction
  • Photo ops & fellowship

Tickets are $24 per person.  Please reserve your tickets here, and pay for tickets here.  You may also bring cash or check to one of our meetings, or mail a check to PO Box 2021, Edmond, OK 73083.

3.  Program Jan. 20:  Rep. Lewis Moore, REAL ID & Earthquakes

Our speaker this Wednesday at noon at Mama Roja will be Representative Lewis Moore (R-Arcadia).  Rep. Moore will talk about Oklahoma’s refusal to comply with Washington’s unconstitutional REAL ID Act.  At some point a state must be willing to suffer the consequences of denying the Beast.  If time permits, Moore may also address what the Legislature is considering in relation to Oklahoma earthquakes.

4.  Deadly Discrimination Against Foster Parents

Writing for The New American, Steve Byas explains that the state of Oklahoma egregiously infringes on the rights of citizens to defend themselves through the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS).  Specifically, OKDHS places additional restrictions on foster parents that do not apply to other parents.  He rightly points out that if the state can reason having guns is dangerous to foster kids, then the logic must be the same for natural born children.  To be consistent the state will eventually move toward banning all guns.  One family has sued because of this discrimination and violation of rights, and this will be an important case to watch.  Of course, the Oklahoma Legislature, if it so chose, could fix this problem with a simple directive to OKDHS.

5.  Oklahoma Sheriff Says Go Get Guns

The Sheriff of Creek County, John Davis, has used his authority to reduce the cost of getting a concealed carry permit.  He wants the cost to be as low as possible so that everyone who can and should carry will be able to do so.  He is a wise man.

County Sheriff is an elected position which often gets overlooked by average citizens and activists, especially in a big election year.  Being qualified for sheriff should include more than experience wearing a uniform and carrying a gun and handcuffs.  Find out if your candidates for sheriff believe in self-defense first or police-defense first.  Find out if your candidates for sheriff will take federal money to advance federal programs which have not been authorized by local law and proper authority.

6.  Pastor v. Politician

Pastor James Taylor is running against Politician Tom Cole for Congress.  Year after year Cole is the most liberal Congressman from Oklahoma, as measured by The Freedom Index.  He sometimes scores even more liberal than some Demonrats.  After beginning his career down in the communist cellar at 33%, he has managed to pull his average up to 52%.  This says more about the pressure and principles of conservatives in the state of Oklahoma than it does about Cole’s principles.  It is time for Tom to retire.

The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members.  We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen, 9219 Lake Hefner Pkwy, OKC.  To become a member of OCPAC, follow the instructions in the online newsletter.