the LESSER of two evils

John Michener

Aug 13, 2018, 10:30:10 PM8/13/18
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

online version

1. OCPAC Program: Kevin Stitt

2. Mick Cornett and the United Nations

3. Letting Others Choose Your Governor

4. OCPAC Voter Guide

5. Government Grip on Education

6. Answering Atheism

1.  OCPAC Program.  This Wednesday at noon at The Range Café, gubernatorial candidate Kevin Stitt returns to make his case that we should vote for him in the runoff against Mick Cornett.

2.  Mick Cornett and the United Nations, by Bob Linn.  Gubernatorial candidate Mick Cornett made a shocking commitment in 2010 to the United Nations when he signed the World Mayor Project Code of ethics.  The agreement states, “Mayors shall be free to oppose any laws of their cities and nations where such laws contravene the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.”  (Emphasis added.)

In case you are unaware of the intent of United Nations leadership, here is a statement from Dr. Lincoln P. Bloomfield of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) in a report submitted to the U.S. Department of State and the Institute for Defense Analysis (IDA):

“A world effectively controlled by the United Nations is one in which ‘world government’ would come about through the establishment of supranational institutions, characterized by mandatory universal membership and some ability to employ physical force. Effective control would thus entail a preponderance of political power in the hands of a supranational organization rather than in individual national units, and would assume the effective operation of a general disarmament agreement. While this supranational organization — the United Nations — would not necessarily be the organization as it now exists, the present UN Charter could theoretically be revised in order to erect such an organization equal to the task envisaged, thereby codifying a radical rearrangement of power in the world.”

The hope of United Nations leadership is not restricted to back room discussions.  U.N. goals have been promoted by sitting U. S. presidents in a variety of ways.  Click on this link to hear Republican George Bush speak (as he often did) of the “New World Order” of the United Nations.

3.  Letting Others Choose Your Governor, by Bob Linn

Fisher’s foot soldiers

Many of Oklahoma’s 35,000 Dan Fisher voters are wondering how to cast their August vote.  Lost is the June bid to make Oklahoma history and recovering renewed purpose may take a while.  Some suggest the high moral ground dictates abstinence in the gubernatorial runoff.  Choosing from a field so recently stripped of its political gem has produced a feeling of emptiness.

What does the Fisher absence mean?

No longer is there an outspoken advocate for state sovereignty, the immediate abolishing of abortion, and tax rates determined by the needs of limited governments rather than the needs of political spending sprees.  While absent in the remaining gubernatorial field, these ideals are not absent in the hearts and minds of thousands of Oklahomans.  Men and women who today need to ratchet up their levels of activism in our efforts to increase the size of our political ground forces.

The lesser of two evils

I disagree with arguments against voting for the lesser of two evils.  Each day presents us with a variety of limited options which do not include our ideal.  While our horse is no longer running in Oklahoma’s gubernatorial race, the mantle of responsibility lies still on our shoulders to vote for the best of the remainder.  We should not abandon our political decisions to others.

Each political season is a reflection of the current state of the ecclesiastical body and the degree to which it has had an impact on the culture at large.  When the culture is at a low ebb, those elections present flawed candidates.  Our job is to choose the best of the available options, not let our neighbors decide for us.  Jesus is still King.

Developing the coming generations

The place for idealism is in the development of the Church and the culture it produces.  Our mission is one which extends many years into the future.  It extends through the Church into the many varied elements of society.  We continue our earthly assignments to develop the Church and spread its influence throughout all the earth.  In this, we are idealists who do not tolerate compromise and the politics of pragmatism.  We look to a day when our ground troops will represent well the victorious Christ!

4.  Voter Guide Updated.  The OCPAC Voter Guide page on our website has been updated for the runoff elections on August 28.  The government education establishment, led by “educrats,” is targeting many candidates and sitting legislators who understand that parental choice and transparency are critical to improving government schools.  Please do not forget to vote on Tuesday, August 28.  These conservatives need your support:

Rep. Sean Roberts in House District 36

Amber Roberts in Senate District 10

John Symcox in Senate District 30

Rep. Travis Dunlap in House District 10

Dave Spaulding in House District 27

Brian Hobbs in House District 38

Rep. Mike Ritze in House District 80

Rep. Bobby Cleveland in House District 20

Rep. George Faught in House District 14

5.  Government Grip on Education.  Last week at OCPAC, Brandon Dutcher from OCPA presented the case for parental choice in education.  State government has a strangling grip on education, but they have no right to imprison kids against the will of their parents.  Only parental choice can cure our educational woes.  Check out the thirty-five minute video.

6.  Answering Atheism.  Olivet Baptist church is hosting a one-day apologetics seminar this Saturday, August 18 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.  Lunch will be available for $7.00.  The seminar will answer arguments used by atheists to justify their disbelief in God and report on tactics used by atheists to create doubt about God.  The location is Olivet Baptist Church at 1201 NW 10th St., OKC.  Call (405) 235-4696 for more information.

Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.  Authorized and paid for by Oklahoma Conservative PAC, PO Box 2021, Edmond, OK 73083.