OCPAC Weekly Update

John Michener

Jul 15, 2018, 8:09:17 AM7/15/18
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

online version

1.  OCPAC Announcements

2.  Voter Guide Updated

3.  State Theft Rampant

4.  Regulating Medijuana

1.  OCPAC Announcements.   On Wednesday, July 11, at noon at Mama Roja, our speaker will be Ponce Leon, pastor of Victorious Faith Center in Apache.  Ponce will speak about the Kingdom of God on Earth.  Is it merely personal and spiritual, or does it impact the political kingdoms of man?

Our meeting location is about to change!  On Wednesday, July 25, we will begin meeting at The Range Café inside Wilshire Gun at 615 W. Wilshire Blvd. in OKC.  The café is full of panache and is gaining a reputation for its custom-built burgers.  This vibrant location will put us closer to the State Capitol, making it easier for us to hear from our elected officials about their projects and how we can help.

Besides changing venues on July 25, we will hold an election to choose a new OCPAC President.  Any current member is eligible to run for the office.  If you are interested, please attend the meeting on July 25 to make your case prior to the vote.  Current Vice President Bob Linn has announced his intention to run for the position.  Current President John Michener intends to continue as the PAC’s Vice President of Communications, while the new President will take over weekly programming duties and provide the leadership needed to continue our fight for liberty in the upcoming elections and legislative session.

2.  Voter Guide Updated.  The OCPAC Voter Guide page on our website has been updated for the runoff elections on August 28.

3.  State Theft Rampant.  According to the State Treasurer, the state’s legalized plunder of its citizens has reached an all-time high, hitting $12.18 billion over the last twelve months. The $1.1 billion received in June set a record for that month.

We argue that taxes ought always be fought, cut, and repealed on moral grounds, but seeing the revenue to state coffers soar proves to those on the other side that tax increases are not even necessary to fund their pet programs.  The legislature’s top priority when they return ought to be cutting rates and returning our property.  We know…it’s a pipe dream.

4.  Regulating Medijuana.  The passage of State Question 788 legalized the medical cannabis industry in Oklahoma, but it left ambiguity for the legislature to address.  To that end the Speaker and Pro Tem-designate have announced the creation of a “working group” of legislators who will determine a more detailed plan of implementation.  “The House is committed to implementing the will of our citizens in a responsible way that respects the desire of voters while also protecting public safety and addressing concerns from the business and medical communities,” said Speaker McCall.  Currently, the working group has no assigned members or timetable.

The views expressed in this email are opinions  and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members…although they should.  Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.  Authorized and paid for by Oklahoma Conservative PAC, PO Box 2021, Edmond, OK 73083.