OCPAC - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

John Michener

May 25, 2015, 10:45:58 AM5/25/15
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com

Online version

1.  Speakers May 25:  HD 85 Candidates

2.  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

3.  Tornadic Schedule to Come

1.  Speakers May 25:  HD 85 Candidates

House District 85 is in the northwest part of Oklahoma City, taking in the neighborhoods surrounding Lake Hefner.  A special election is being held this summer to fill the seat of Representative David Dank who passed away April 10.  The four primary candidates who have been invited to visit with us this week are Chip Carter, Matt Jackson, Amy Palumbo, and Ralph Crawford.  One of these candidates will be eligible for our endorsement after the primary elections on July 14.

2.  The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

As the 2015 legislative session comes to a close, we look back to see not only buckets of rain, but buckets of bills, some of which were good, many bad, and some downright ugly.  No doubt some of each category will make it onto the Oklahoma Constitution’s 2015 Oklahoma Conservative Index.  Helping to create the annual index is one of OCPAC’s most important roles.  We have asked our legislators to help create the stick by which they will be measured.  They have already begun to submit bills for our consideration.  In keeping with our mission and with God’s eternal principles, we are looking for legislative votes that limit government, protect liberty, and free the market.  For example, we will examine bills that:

  • misappropriate public funds to interfere with private enterprise
  • protect innocent human life
  • protect private property
  • strengthen self defense
  • defend citizens from the tyranny of Washington D.C.
  • budget soundly and responsibly

3.  Tornadic Schedule to Come

Rounding out our spring calendar are some exciting and important programs.  We urge our friends, members, and especially our legislators to attend these upcoming programs before taking vacations:

  • June 3:  Rick Roberts, News Radio 1000 KTOK afternoon drive host (pending confirmation)
  • June 10:  Art Thompson, CEO of the John Birch Society
  • June 17:  Oklahoma Constitution publishers, debating bills for Conservative Index
  • June 24:  Conservative Index, final debate and vote on bills

The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members.  We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Old Surety Life, 5201 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City.  To become a member of OCPAC, follow the instructions in the online newsletter: http://eepurl.com/booQE9

John Michener

May 25, 2015, 11:03:01 AM5/25/15
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com, miche...@gmail.com
Correction:  Speakers on May 27