OCPAC e-mail - War without declaring war & John Bennett is vindicated!

Charlie Meadows

Sep 27, 2014, 10:21:08 AM9/27/14
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com
Members and friends of the Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee (OCPAC)

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING
++  ANNOUNCEMENT
++  WAR WITHOUT DECLARING WAR!
++  REPRESENTATIVE BENNETT IS VINDICATED!

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING

Our 12 noon luncheon for Wednesday, October 1st 2014, will be held at Olivet Baptist Church, 1201 Northwest 10th street in OKC. First a big thanks to the folks at Olivet as we have been meeting there for the past 13 months. It is the largest room we have ever had, the food is good, it is not expensive, those serving are friendly and fun to be around and all proceeds beyond expenses go to support the private school located in the church.

I won’t be able to be at the meeting this Wednesday so I have asked OCPAC Vice President Stephanie West to conduct our meeting. Our speaker this week will be State Labor Commissioner Mark Costello. I have specifically asked Commissioner Costello to give a report on the outcome of our worker compensation reforms as we are now entering the second year of those reforms. If you are not aware of the outcomes, you be amazed. In addition, Commissioner Costello has objected to the “deal” PSO (Public Service company of Oklahoma, the state‘s second largest electric utility company) made with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) over the regional haze issue. His explanation will be most interesting.

Who knows what other issues he may want to discuss. In my opinion, Mark is the finest Labor Commissioner we have ever had in the state of Oklahoma. He truly understands his job’s priority and the balance of reaching and maintaining a win-win situation where the needs of the workers are protected as well as an environment where the interests of business can produce success. You won’t want to miss this meeting.

++  ANNOUNCEMENT

*  THURSDAY EVENING  -  MUSKOGEE AREA  -  The Muskogee Patriot Town Hall will host their regular monthly meeting this Thursday evening, October 2nd beginning at 6:30 p.m. The location is the Muskogee Library. The speaker will be State Representative John Bennett, doing a power point presentation detailing the threats of radical Islam. If you are anywhere in the area, you need to make every effort to attend.

++  WAR WITHOUT DECLARING WAR!

With attention being drawn to the horrific brutality of ISIS, one of the newest names for fundamentalist Muslims in the Middle East, we are hearing the drums of war beating from the NEO-CONS as well as others. Let me make it clear, I do consider fundamentalist Islam a threat to world peace as well as our peace, safety and sovereignty in America as well as here in Oklahoma.

However, my purpose for addressing this issue is our propensity for doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I believe that mentality has been described as the definition of insanity. With that in mind, lets look at the ideas of our Founding Fathers as they spelled out the proper way to go to war.

Our Founders clearly gave the responsibility of when to go to war to the members of Congress, not the President and not military leaders. The President’s function in war is to serve as the Commander in Chief and therefore to successfully execute a war once Congress declares war.

World War II was the last properly declared war in which we have been engaged. Ever since that time Congress has shirked its duty and passed resolutions to allow a President to determine if and when and under what (UN) directives we will use to enter a war, an action usually called by another name than war.
Of course the real problem is that we get involved in these wars, or what ever they are called, and seem to have no intent to win, however winning might be defined. Even our own Senator Jim Inhofe has recently sponsored a resolution to allow the President to get things going. Then of course the President doesn’t think he needs any additional permission from congress, after all congress gave then President Bush that authority 13 years ago.
Bottom line, if a war is necessary and it is just, then let us declare war according to our Constitution, then go and get the job done. In the words of a little seen documentary by John Wayne during the Vietnam war, “there is no substitute for victory”.
As for me, I am done supporting actions with no viable definition of victory, no strategy to win and no intent to win. War from a just cause is brutal, it is about killing people, breaking things and beating your enemies into submission for the purpose of taking the fight out of them. I will not support having America’s men and women die and suffer injury in the name of “limited war”. The opposite of limited war is “total war” which is excessively brutal. The middle ground should be called “effective war” which brings about victory without total devastation. The ball is in the court of congress, I wouldn‘t expect them to do the right thing.
++  REPRESENTATIVE BENNETT IS VINDICATED!
The tragic stabbing and be-heading rampage in Moore on Thursday by what appears to have been an unstable person and fairly new convert to Islam should be evidence enough of the wisdom of State Representative John Bennett (R-Sallisaw). Bennett has recently warned people in Oklahoma to be wary of the dangers imposed by radicalized Muslims, yes, those right here in our own neighborhoods. The Moore event shows the reason for Bennett’s warnings.
The local Muslim community has condemned the attack which is good. However, I believe in an effort to portray themselves as a potential victim, they have asked law enforcement for protection in case of a backlash against their fellow Muslims. The local bunch are masters at overplaying a situation. Oklahomans are better than that. No one here is calling for violence against Muslims.
Muslim citizens in America are just that, they are citizens and share the same privileges and responsibilities as all Americans. On the other hand, non citizen Muslims here in our country legally are guests in our country and those that are here illegally, are simply law breakers. We have every right to send all or some of these 2 groups back to their countries of origin which I believe to be an excellent way to reduce our risks from terrorism and the assault upon our culture.
I am all in favor of beginning that process. However, in our world of political correctness and EXCESSIVE tolerance, that is not likely to happen. That is, until far greater problems than those we currently tolerate get bad enough to cause a different perspective in the minds of Americans.
You do not want to miss this week’s meeting.
Charlie Meadows,  Charlie...@gmail.com

To join OCPAC, fill out the following and send your check to:

OCPAC
P.O. Box 2021
Edmond, OK 73083

Yes Charlie, I want to join OCPAC at one of the following levels:
___Basic membership at $50 per year.
Safari Club Membership:
___Elephant Provider at ___$180 annual or ___$15 monthly
___Elephant Provider & RINO Hunter, ___$360 annual or ___$30 monthly
For monthly payments please send a voided check so we may draft your
Checking account on a monthly basis. If you decide to discontinue
monthly support, simply contact me and we will stop the withdrawal.

THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED BY STATE LAW !

I have freely given from my own resources & have not been compensated
for this contribution. (Corporate contributions not allowed by law!)