OCPAC e-mail - The big debate, Does Oklahoma understand the Kansas Miracle?

Charlie Meadows

Mar 18, 2014, 10:02:52 AM3/18/14
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com
Members and friends of the Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee (OCPAC)

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING
++  ANNOUNCEMENT
++  DO OK LAWMAKERS UNDERSTAND THE KANSAS MIRACLE?

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING

I need to keep this week’s e-mail short as Linda and I left on Thursday, March 6th for a trip to Israel and just returned home about 4:00 p.m. yesterday on Monday the 17th. I have been out of pocket that entire time and began to go through phone calls and snail mail until jet-lag got me about 7:30 last night. However, I have been up since about 2:00 a.m. sifting through hundreds of e-mails, and will apologize now for not being able to read or answer all of them. I hope to share some of the high-lights of the trip in next week’s e-mail, just don’t have the time now.

Our 12 noon luncheon for Wednesday, March 19th will be held at Olivet Baptist Church, 1201 Northwest 10th street in OKC. We have a special program this Wednesday as it will entail a formal debate lasting 60 minutes. We will have our prayer and pledge as well as any announcements done by 12:05 so we can begin sharply at that time, please try to arrive as soon as possible. Everyone is welcome. Please remember, volunteers with the Olivet Christian Academy prepare lunch which is $6 for one trip through the line or $7 for all you want to eat. For a $1 dollar cover charge, you may bring your own lunch or choose not eat, as all proceeds above expenses are used to support the school. We are blessed with a wonderful meeting room and inexpensive lunch and the school in a poor area of the city is blessed on a weekly basis by our members and friends.

The subject of the debate is whether or not Oklahoma should exercise its right to join a call for a Constitutional Convention? Debating in the Affirmative will be State Senator Rob Standridge (R-Norman) and Dr. Michael Farris, a Constitutional attorney form Virginia and founder of the Home School Legal Defense Association as well as Founder of Patrick Henry College. Debating in the Negative will be Charlie Meadows, John Birch Society member since 1988 as well as co-founder and President of OCPAC (Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee) along with Bob Donohoo, Section Leader with the John Birch Society and Vice President of OCPAC.

The debate will be recorded and made available by both OCPAC and the organization which Dr. Farris represents. The moderator of the debate will be an attorney from the Attorneys General office with a time segment provided for questions from the audience. All questions must be in writing so you can bring them with you already prepared or write them down during the debate. This is a very important issue which could be helpful or harmful to both Oklahoma and the nation or a diversion representing a huge waste of time and energy from the focus needed to reign in a run-away “national” government. Don’t miss being at our meeting for this big event.

++  ANNOUNCEMENT

NORMAN AREA  -  THURSDAY EVENING  -  The big debate continues in Norman on Thursday evening March 20th. The Norman Tea Party will host a longer version of the debate held at OCPAC the day before. The 90 minute version of the Article V debate will be held at the First Assembly of God Church in Norman, 2500 East Lindsey street, starting at 7:00 p.m.. Again, debating in the Affirmative will be Norman Senator Rob Standridge and Dr. Michael Farris, a Constitutional Attorney, President of Patrick Henry College as well as the founder of the Home School Legal Defense Association. Debating in the negative will be Charlie Meadows, a member of the John Birch Society since 1988 as well as co-founder and President of OCPAC (Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee) along with Bob Donohoo,  Section Leader for the John Birch Society and Vice President of OCPAC. Everyone in the area is welcome to attend this debate.

++  DO OK LAWMAKERS UNDERSTAND THE KANSAS MIRACLE?

I always hear it, any time I am gone, when I return people tell me the OCPAC meeting was awesome, the best ever, which of course keeps me so very humble. It is my understanding our speaker, Steve Anderson, former Budget Director for Kansas Governor Brownback and architect of the Kansas miracle was truly outstanding. If you were unable to attend please go to our web-site to view the program, I will do so just as soon as I have a chance. It has been suggested that it was so good we may need to make DVD copies to give to every Oklahoma lawmaker. If you get a chance, watch it and let me know what you think. Once you get to our web-site click on the video link to see it: www.oklahomacpac.com

I look forward to seeing everyone this Wednesday.

Charlie Meadows