OCPAC e-mail - Last minute election up-date & Republican Embarrassments!

Charlie Meadows

Jun 23, 2014, 9:01:50 PM6/23/14
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com
Members and friends of the Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee (OCPAC)

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING
++  ANNOUNCEMENTS
++  LAST MINUTE ELECTION MUSINGS
++  LIBERAL & IMMORAL REPUBLICANS EMBARRESS PARTY!

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING

Our 12 noon luncheon for Wednesday, June 25th 2014 will be held at Olivet Baptist Church, 1201 Northwest 10th street in OKC. We have a huge amount on our plate for this Wednesday, therefore we will start at 12 noon sharp. I will first give a brief up-date on our candidates we have supported. Several weeks ago Lt. Governor Todd Lamb contacted me to have me thank our members for supporting his re-election effort and asked if he could come by to say thanks. I of course said yes. I saw him in Enid this past Friday at the U.S. Senate debate indicating I wanted him to do more than just say thanks, which he said he would be glad to. Since Friday, I was informed on Sunday that Dean Gotcher, of The Institution for Authority Research, would be in Oklahoma this week, so I quickly contacted him and asked if he could come and give an abbreviated presentation at meeting along with Lt. Gov Lamb. He has agreed and I have got that ok with the Lt. Governor’s office.

We had Mr. Gotcher speak about 10 years ago when we experimented for several months with having a night time version of OCPAC meetings once a month in the evenings. He was a fabulous speaker, a true expert on the Hegelian Dialectic. He will be exposing how the dialectic relates to Blooms Taxonomics, National Health Care and Common Core.

While his time with us at noon may be shortened by sharing time with Lt. Gov Lamb, Pastor Paul Blair has agreed to have him speak this Wednesday evening, 6:45 p.m., Fairview Baptist Church, at the corner of North Sooner and Danforth Roads in Edmond. I can’t tell you what an important speaker we have an opportunity to hear, please make every effort to hear him at one of these times and locations.

++  ANNOUNCEMENTS

*  THURSDAY EVENING  -  PONCA CITY  -  I will be speaking at the Kay County Republican party’s regular monthly meeting this Thursday evening June 26th, beginning at 7:00 p.m.. The location is the Providence Baptist Church, 1301 East Bradley in Ponca City. Armed with fresh information, I will be speaking about the State and Local Chambers of Commerce  -  The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Why is the State Chamber such an important issue? Based on quotes from their leadership, I believe they have gotten involved in a level of politics, much deeper than ever seen before by recruiting candidates that will do their bidding for their definition of a “pro-business” agenda. I am as “pro-business” as they come, but not under the philosophy of “crony capitalism” or “corporate fascism” but rather under the system of free market capitalism. If you live anywhere close by come on out, I would love to see you again or perhaps meet you for the first time.

*  THURSDAY EVENING  -  EDMOND - GUTHRIE AREA  -  Earthquakes, earthquakes, earthquakes, if you live anywhere in this area you are well aware of the frequency of 80 or more quakes per week. Some of which are a little over 4 points on the seismic scale, enough to cause light damage in some instances.

Therefore, State Representatives Jason Murphy (R-Guthrie) and Lewis Moore (R-Arcadia) are hosting a local town hall meeting with invited speakers presenting information from the Corporation Commission and the Oklahoma Geological Survey. Of course a major part of the discussion will center around the question of the cause for these swarms of earthquakes. Are they naturally occurring or somehow induced by some man made activity?

The location will be Waterloo Road Baptist Church, 3100 East Waterloo Road (A little over 1 mile West of I-35) beginning at 7:00 p.m.. The audience will be allowed to ask questions and there is no charge to attend.

++  LAST MINUTE ELECTION MUSINGS

*  In my Charlie’s Picks, sent out a week ago, I left out another vitally important race. That is HOUSE DISTRICT - 43  -  JOHN PAUL JORDAN  -  Rep Colby Schwartz decided not to run again which caused this open seat, contained for the most part in Yukon Ok. John Paul Jordan was one of the most prepared candidates we saw during our interview process. He understands the issues and has the correct ideology on those issues to allow him to be a really good State Representatives. The citizens of Yukon would do well to elect this high quality candidate!

*  SOME LAWMAKERS DON’T LIKE ACCOUNTABILITY!  -  On Friday, June 6th my personal State Senator, A.J. Griffin, was in Kingfisher for a candidate forum with her challenger and my pick for the Senate District 20 seat, Dan Ladd.

Dan explained his reason for challenging was her low score on the Oklahoma Constitution Newspaper’s Conservative Index. She wanted to respond to that and then went off on a tirade against OCPAC. She was filmed and you may view this short clip, now on you tube, by linking on to the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJLoLWb5gb0. She was at a meeting on Tuesday the 10th in Guthrie where I was speaking. After the meeting I approached her and told her I had seen the video of the Kingfisher meeting and wanted her to know her comments about the process were factually incorrect. I encouraged her to attend the OCPAC meeting the next day, where she, along with all Republican lawmakers, had been invited to participate in the process of formulating this year’s Index. I urged her to come, and evaluate the process for herself. I was disappointed when she failed to show up on Wednesday June 11th.

There are now additional reasons for supporting Dan Ladd, the State Chamber has now weighed in heavily for her campaign with expensive 3rd party mail outs. Lobbyists and other special interest groups have flooded her campaign with thousands of dollars and other special interest groups have done additional 3rd party expenditures on her behalf. Governor Fallin, a Republican moderate, has now endorsed her and made a robotic phone call on her behalf. Perhaps even more important, I just found out yesterday, Sunday, that Senator Griffin’s score for this year’s Conservative Index went down to a 60, bringing her lifetime average score to a 68.

May I suggest, those of us living in district 20 should take the 10 or so mail pieces we have received from her over the past 12 days and mark out the words “Conservative” or “Constitutionalist” and write in their place, “Moderate” or “Nanny state advocate”! I am a little tired of politicians who say one thing in front of one group of voters and something different in front of a different group of voters.

*  TULSA BEACON ENDORSES JANET BARRESI  -  This past Thursday’s edition of the most conservative weekly newspaper in the state, the Tulsa Beacon, endorsed Janet Barresi in her effort to win re-election for State Superintendent of Public Instruction. Of course the state’s most liberal newspaper, the Tulsa World, has endorsed Joy Hofmeister.

On another note, I have been told Janet approached some lawmakers and asked what she needs to do to regain the trust of Republican conservatives. She was told she needed to ask some of her most vocal critics to be a part of the 2 year process to create Oklahoma’s course work and standards to replace Common Core which was rejected by passage of HB 3399 and finally signed by the Governor.

To that end, she has appointed Senator Josh Brecheen’s (R-Durant) mother, a long time educator and administrator to direct this effort. Janet also asked Linda Murphy along with Jenni White, co-founder and Director of ROPE (Reform Oklahoma Public Education) to be part of the effort. Linda has accepted the offer and I believe Jenni is cautiously considering the offer. I hope she accepts as these experts are needed for the effort, regardless of who wins this race.

Even though in my Charlie’s Picks I expressed a trust problem with both of these candidates, I have decided I will vote for Janet Barresi with the hope that the election goes into a run-off where we can have some more time to evaluate the seriousness of Superintendent Barresi’s efforts to include conservative experts in creating Oklahoma’s very important processes and standards for education.

*  OK2A (Oklahoma Second Amendment) endorses Steve Russell for the 5th district congressional seat. I was very glad to see this as a few weeks back the national organization, Gun Owners of America (GOA), endorsed Mike Turner for that seat. It just goes to show how much more important local organization endorsements are over national organizations. While I am a member of GOA and much prefer it to the NRA, I can understand their endorsement of Turner because of his important 2nd Amendment bill this year that was vetoed by our moderate Governor, then overwhelmingly over ridden by both houses of the legislature. However, Russell twice won awards from OK2A for his aggressive efforts to re-claim some of our lost 2nd Amendment rights and left the legislature to start a gun manufacturing business. This is one time that OK2A made the better choice over that of GOA.

*  WHAT TO DO ABOUT OCPAC’s ENDORSEMENT OF SCOTT ESK?  I was contacted by Andrew Griffin, founder and editor of The Red Dirt Report, to get some comments about the controversy surrounding Scott’s face book statements? Following is the exchange between Andrew and myself:

Tuesday, June 10th 2014

Andrew Griffin to Charlie Meadows

“Charlie. Is it true that OCPAC endorsed Scott Esk? And do you have a comment about his position on gays or immigrants? Thank you. - Andrew Griffin

Friday, June 13th 2014

Charlie Meadows to Andrew Griffin

“Andrew, it is true that we endorsed him. I will say we did not know anything about these controversies swirling around him that have come out since our endorsement. He did interview well as far as the issues we seek to understand and since none of his opponents showed up, we only had the choice of endorsing Scott or to make no endorsement on this race.

I personally have a huge problem with illegal aliens, but that is not based upon any race or ethnic identity as you probably know we have illegal aliens in our country from many different parts of the globe. However, I don’t believe we should be profiling folks because of what they look like. Under the current environment, I believe it would do little good to turn in an illegal alien even if you had concrete information that they were illegal.

As far as homosexuals, it was a capital punishment issue in Old Testament Judaism. However, in New Testament Christianity, God, motivated by His love, sent His only BEGOTTON Son, Jesus, into the world, extending mercy and grace to all sinners. By paying a price on the cross for our sins, Jesus, therefore offers homosexuals as well as all sinners a chance to repent of our sins so as to be restored to a place of righteous relationship with God the Father. If homosexuals as well as all sinners reject the sacrifice made for them by Jesus’ going to the cross, then they surely face a certain second death, something described by Jesus as the lake of fire. Charlie”

As I said in my Charlie’s Picks I now endorse “your choice” in that House district. In addition, I said Scott is not a bad fellow, he simply lacks the kind of discernment that most politicians have to keep from stepping in fresh cow patties every time they walk across an fairly open pasture. One more thing, many of the folks that have their panties in a wad over Scott’s comments assume, because they want to assume, that Scott “hates” homosexuals and illegal aliens, which may or may not be the case. Sometimes we simply disagree with a person or a position on an issue and our political enemies jump at the opportunity to attach “hate” to our differences of opinions. Have you ever disagreed with your wife or husband? Have you ever disagreed with your kids or parents? Did that mean you hated them or did you simply disagree with them? You be the judge.

++  LIBERAL & IMMORAL REPUBLICANS EMBARRASS PARTY!

It is always embarrassing when a Republican lawmaker makes the headlines for some kind of a personal discretion. Probably the worst person to ever hold office with the “Republican” label by his name was Harry Coates (R-Seminole). Right after the filing period ended 4 years ago, the rumors around the Capitol began to fly that Harry and a Lobbyist were romantically involved. Unfortunately, that truth didn’t become public knowledge until shortly after the primary election as he barely escaped defeat without such news becoming public. Then not too long ago, he was charged in Texas with a DUI. Now good old Harry won the OCPAC RINO (Republican In Name Only) award 3 times and was runner-up twice during his infamous 12 year practice of leaching off the taxpayers of Oklahoma while he was masquerading as a “conservative” Senator. I just found out he scored his all time low score of a 24 on this year’s Conservative Index. That means he voted “liberal” on 2 of the 10 most important votes this year and failed to even cast a vote on the other 8 important votes. The Index grants 3 points for every vote not cast, thus 3 x 8 = 24.

Now, is there another Harry Coates at the Capitol? Well if there is, at least he is gone, termed limited out. Amid allegations of romance and pandering to a couple of female state employees, an article in the Journal Record would suggest Don Armes (R-Faxon) used his powerful Chairmanship position to punish the new DEQ agency head these female state employees didn’t seem to like. To read the article log on to: http://www.McCarvilleReport.com and link on to the story: Journal Record Expose Targets Don Armes, DEQ. There was at least one point in the article that was blatantly false. The reporter suggested Representative Armes was a conservative. He was never a conservative as his lifetime Conservative Index score was a paltry 58 before this year’s score is to be figured in. I don’t have his final number at this time.

Folks, good personal character is vitally important. Often times bad character and being a liberal go hand in hand. To Harry and perhaps Don, I wish you a farewell to not let the door hit you in the proverbial “hinny” on your way out. More importantly, I hope you do some deep soul searching and become a person of better character from here on out.

I look forward to seeing everyone this Wednesday.

Charlie Meadows

To join OCPAC, fill out the following and send your check to:

OCPAC
P.O. Box 2021
Edmond, OK 73083

Yes Charlie, I want to join OCPAC at one of the following levels:
___Basic membership at $50 per year.
Safari Club Membership:
___Elephant Provider at ___$180 annual or ___$15 monthly
___Elephant Provider & RINO Hunter, ___$360 annual or ___$30 monthly
For monthly payments please send a voided check so we may draft your
Checking account on a monthly basis. If you decide to discontinue
monthly support, simply contact me and we will stop the withdrawal.

THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED BY STATE LAW !

I have freely given from my own resources & have not been compensated
for this contribution. (Corporate contributions not allowed by law!)