OCPAC e-mail - Why blacks hate cops & how blacks can be winners, not losers!

Charlie Meadows

Nov 29, 2014, 1:06:27 PM11/29/14
to ocpac...@googlegroups.com
Members and friends of the Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee (OCPAC)

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING
++  ANNOUNCEMENTS
++  WHY BLACKS HATE COPS & HOW BLACKS CAN BE WINNERS, NOT LOSERS!

++  AGENDA FOR THIS WEEK’S MEETING

Our 12 noon luncheon for Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 will be held at Olivet Baptist Church, 1201 northwest 10th street in OKC. Our program this Wednesday will feature up-coming legislation and how our accountability efforts will work. This should be a very educational meeting and one you will not want to miss.

++  ANNOUNCEMENTS

*  THURSDAY EVENING  -  MUSKOGEE AREA  -  The Muskogee Patriot Townhall will host their monthly meeting this coming Thursday evening December 4th 2014, 6:30 p.m., at the Muskogee Library. The speaker this month will be Keith Shankle. The first part of his presentation will focus on “Smart Meters: The Gateway to a Carbon Credit Economy”. Part 2 of his presentation will be about “Birth registration, Suretyship and Citizenship: Lies and Ties that Bind”. For further information contact Catherine White at (918) 577-6352.

*  FRIDAY EVENING  -  OKC AREA  -  The Oklahoma Chapters of the John Birch Society are hosting their annual Christmas Dinner and Auction. The fun event will be held at the Character Inn & Conference Center, 520 W. Main street in OKC, beginning at 6:30 p.m.. The cost is $15 per person which includes a banquet dinner, with each family attending asked to bring a quality auction item (suggestions are homemade bread, pastries, jams, collectibles, time share stays, sports tickets, art or items of interest). All proceeds will fund projects for 2015. Contributions are appreciated if attendance is impossible. Please pay close attention: All payments must be received by Wednesday, Dec 3rd by 5:30 p.m. You may mail a check made out to Oklahoma Projects, c/o Clark Curry, 415 W. 15th St., Suite #2, Edmond, Ok 73013.

++  WHY BLACKS HATE COPS & HOW BLACKS CAN BE WINNERS, NOT LOSERS!

I have wanted to write this piece since trouble began to boil in Ferguson, but just couldn’t do so until now. First, I must state, NOT all black folks hate cops and MANY black people are already winners, they are not losers. This commentary is about that large number of black folks that do hate cops and are losers.

I will surely be called a “racist” and a “bigot” by some for even writing a word about the whole situation. But I take my old friend the Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson seriously when he pleads with white folks to overcome their fears of being labeled with these old clichés and speak up on issues of race as most of the civil rights leaders and too many of the black pastors are not telling black people the truth nor are they saying what needs to be heard by black folks to overcome their hatred and thus escape their sadness, poverty and loser status.

One more point before I begin. What two things would you guess the following people have in common: Alan Keys, Ward Connerley, the Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson, Jonathan Small, The Reverend Stevie Craft, Retired Major General Jerry Curry, Al Mertens, Arlie and Janice Ponds, the Berkley children, and Toby Pedford that come to mind at this time. The two things they all have in common is they are all black and they have all been a speaker at one or more OCPAC meetings sometime in the past. I personally respect all of these folks and even look up to some of them.

In addition we have had numerous black folks attend our meetings, interviewed black candidates and even had former State Senator Connie Johnson speak at OCPAC, though there is little I agree with when it comes to Senator Johnson’s agenda and values. So call me racist if you wish, the record suggests otherwise.

With all of that in mind, some of what I am about to say is not going to be ear tickling to some in the black community. Have you ever wondered why we have these flare ups, usually at a key time before an election?  This election cycle it was the death of Michael Brown, prior to the previous election cycle it was the death of Treyvon Martin, prior to one of the Bush elections it was the horrific death of a black man dragged behind a pick-up, never mind the perp or perps in that case had already been convicted and I believe sentenced to death.

I suspect it not all that uncommon for a black man, particularly a young black person, to be shot by a cop, and perhaps killed, somewhere in America on a weekly basis, so why this shooting? If true, that statistic is in no way evidence of a crisis regarding blacks being shot by cops for the vast majority of those shootings are justified. Truth is, there are a lot of black males that are very angry and have allowed their hearts to be filled with hate. Just as love is a motivational force, so is hate and hate towards others almost always motivates people to do evil things. Hate causes people to walk around with a chip on their shoulder, be rebellious, sullen, arrogant and look for opportunities to get even with those they hate or surrogates of those hated.

Lawmakers make laws and set standards of civility, however it is the cops that must enforce those laws and maintain civil order. As such cops are the ones that come into contact with the lawless and angry rebels. In those confrontations they have the legal authority to use whatever force is necessary to constrain the angry rebels and that often ends up in violent confrontations. Cops are hated by rebels because they are the front line defense against evil and the keepers of civil order. An angry rebel with bad personal character never likes it when force constrains him.

Did you ever wonder, why Ferguson or why the St. Louis area? Could it be that the black community in the area has been plagued by a barrage of hate inciting messages for many years by race hustling civil rights leaders and Democrats seeking votes and were therefore primed for an explosive reaction?

A few years back it was the St. Louis area that had to endure hate inciting radio ads and perhaps TV as well as direct mail pieces. The radio ads featured the sounds of flames as the voice in the ads suggested if blacks didn’t get out and vote, they would see burning crosses in their yards or their churches burned down. Those ads were aimed squarely at black citizens in an attempt to get them to the polls, knowing they would vote Democrat if they could just be motivated to get to the polls. I believe those ads were primarily designed to save former House Speaker Dick Gephardt as he was twice challenged in close races by Bill Federer an outstanding speaker we have had at OCPAC on several occasions. However, regardless of the motive, the effect was to build layer upon layer of angst against white folks in general, cops to be more specific and especially white cops.

Therefore, when the shooting of the Brown kid occurred, the atmosphere was a power keg waiting to be lit and lit it was. Then you throw in the communist agitators, the community organizers and the anarchists of the occupy wall street ilk as well as the inflammatory words of President Obama, Attorney General Holder and a liberal press wanting sensational action, it was like pouring gasoline on a raging fire.

Another thing that makes this more difficult for rational people is that after looking at all the facts in the case, this was not a difficult call. I believe there is little doubt that the “gentle giant” was anything but gentle. I believe it far more likely that he was a common thug, that bullied his way around anytime he wanted. Much like Trevon Martian, both of them made some very bad decisions that got them both shot and killed.

Normally parents that lose a child need time to grieve and be left alone. However, anytime a parent is in a high state of emotional distress and then goes forward with public policy demands, they are no longer off limits. Actually in many cases they are very dangerous as quite often their thoughts and ideas are more motivated by irrational emotions rather than logical and reasonable decisions based upon facts and truth. This often results in some very bad laws or regulations, which later become very hard to change.

Perhaps one of the first sins to plague mankind is found in Genesis 3: 11 & 12. After Adam had sinned by eating from the tree in which God forbade him, Adam and Eve hid themselves from God when they heard Him walking through the Garden of Eden. When God asked Adam why he was hiding and if he had eaten from the forbidden tree, Adam answered by saying it was the woman You gave me that caused me to disobey. In other words, this is the first occasion of many where man blames others for his problems rather than manning up and living with the consequences of his bad decisions.

I looked and looked for a quote from a commentary about the parents of the Brown kid from the Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson and couldn’t find it. But to the best of my ability, the jest of it was something like: all the drama and emotionalism we see in the media from the parents is a diversion to not draw attention to their failures in raising this kid. He turned out to be a thug (remember, we have video of the Brown kid and his partner committing a strong armed robbery at a neighborhood store just a few moments before he was shot and killed).

It is rather sickening to hear his mother say her son would never act the way he was portrayed by the officer who shot him. I am sorry but his mother speaks out of ignorance and irrational emotionalism. That is further evidenced when the day after the worst night of rioting, his mother said her husband, the step father of Michael Brown, would never suggest violence, when the night before he is caught on tape screaming for people to ‘burn the bi#*^ down”.

From the beginning of the initial shooting of Michael Brown a mob gathered chanting for justice. I would suggest the mob mentality operates on great ignorance as they have little intellectual capability of understanding what justice is and probably wouldn’t recognize it if it hit them in the face. Justice is a serious request as it is blind and follows the evidence to render innocence or guilt and usually a severe punishment if not tempered by some mercy.

Let me suggest some points of justice in this case, some are already rendered and some are still up in the air. After a thorough investigation, the DA should have declined to press charges and it should have never gone to a grand jury in the first place. However, it immediately blew up into a dangerous situation and the DA probably didn’t want to handle such a hot potato, thus he sent it to a grand jury. The grand jury decision was just, based on the evidence, but true justice would now demand the other kid in the strong arm robbery be charged with that crime and in addition charged with perjury as it was his apparent false testimony which immediately made the situation get dangerous.

Others that came forth to give eye witness testimony as to what happened on that day and then later admitted they were not eye witnesses, should also be charged with perjury. If the Brown kid’s family members file civil lawsuits, those should be rejected by a reasonable jury. However, the Brown kid’s step father should be charged with inciting a riot and everyone’s businesses that were burned down as a result of his actions should also file civil cases and sue him for any property he has. I will be surprised if much of this goes forward as most of America has been intimated and bullied from dealing justly the worst in the black community for fear of the very thing that happened in Ferguson and many other cities in America.

The problem is anytime crime goes unpunished, it is crime rewarded and an incentive to expand crimes, not have less of them. The fact that law enforcement has dealt gently with rioters in the past rather than put them down, hard if necessary, has just given more incentive to ever expand situations like this. We do have the right to peaceful protest in America, but it sometimes becomes a razor thin line between the time a mob turns from a peaceful protest to one of violence and law enforcement must be ready should a good protest cross the line.

A large part of the black community in America is in real trouble. Seventy three percent of all black children are born out of wedlock. Homicides are 10 times more likely to be committed by a black person than a white or Hispanic. The crisis of blacks being shot is caused by blacks shooting other blacks, and that is the crisis, not cops shooting blacks. Black youth have the highest unemployment statistics of any other sub group in America. For many there is little hope and thus it paints the picture of a large group of losers. Following are the words of former NBA star and current sports commentator Charles Barkley published on the editorial page of the Oklahoman 10-31-14:

“Barkley exposes ‘dirty secret’

We as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty dark secret, I’m glad it’s coming out. It comes out every few years. I wrote a big chapter in my book about it to be honest with you. I said when young black kids, when they do well in school, the loser kids tell them ‘Oh you’re acting white.’ The kids who speak intelligently, they tell them ‘You’re acting white.’ So it’s a dirty dark secret in the black community. One reason we’re never going to be successful as a whole is because of other black people. For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligently, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. It’s a dirty, dark secret…

This debate if funny. We’re the only race that tells people if you… have street cred - that means you’ve been arrested - that’s a compliment. We’re the only ethnic group that say ‘Hey if you go to jail, that gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re a black, man.”

I would suggest black folks understand the vast majority of white people today have no desire to suppress or hold black people from obtaining a prosperous and wonderful life. In face most white people of today, including myself, would love to see black folks climb out of poverty and despair to achieve all that God has called them for. However, there are right ways and wrong ways to achieve what is good and pure.

May I suggest the number one thing holding black folks back today is a bad attitude. With the passage of the civil rights act in the 1960’s, the evil Jim Crow laws which suppressed black people were repealed and blacks now have full legal rights as any other citizen in America. Organizations such as the NAACP were necessary to achieve legal equality, however, once that was achieved, the continued existence of such organizations have become more of a problem than good. Today, to justify their continued existence, they stir up problems. The best thing black folks can do today to change their attitude is to move on past the victim mentality. Yes many evil things were done to black people in the past, but that was in the past. We should never abandon history, but to dwell on the evils of the past and not move on is an attitude killer.

If I were a black person and wanted a change of attitude, I would flee most black churches, at least if a black church continues to make its congregants out to be victims. Black folks are welcome in most white churches, but there will be some cultural differences. It might be good for success to emulate good cultural traits of white folks. Be careful of the music and entertainment in which black people spend their time. That which is good and glorifies God is good and that which promotes violence, disrespect, drugs, immoral sex and the things of a rebel are harmful. What you take in through the senses of your eyes and ears is what you become, just like the things we eat are what we become.

We live in a country with a good justice system, not perfect, but good. We still live in a country with a lot of choices, we are better off if we chose wisely. While we all should be willing to reach out to troubled people when God makes those opportunities available, we should be careful to surround ourselves with friends that are good people. As the scripture says, bad company corrupts good morals. Understanding and applying God’s principles to one’s life will result in a healthy and strong individual and spread out for the good of family and even further to the good for society. There are really no real lasting answers to life’s problems outside of God’s ways and principles applied to our lives.

Thanks for your time and attention, don’t miss this week’s meeting.

Charlie Meadows