OCPAC – What’s on Tap

John Michener

Sep 12, 2016, 11:54:47 AM9/12/16
to Oklahoma Conservative Political Action Committee

Online version

1.  Upcoming Programs

2.  Phyllis Schlafly

1.  Upcoming Programs.  OCPAC has been meeting weekly for over twenty-six years, and we have missed only four meetings in that time.  If you have never attended one of our weekly “church services,” you are missing something special.  We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen on the east side of Lake Hefner where Britton Road runs into the lake.

We have many excellent programs scheduled between now and the general election.  The next several weeks will focus on interviewing candidates for the Oklahoma Legislature.  Then, mark your calendars for October 12 which will feature a debate on State Question 777, the “Oklahoma Right to Farm” Amendment.  Here is what is on tap:

September 14:  Julie Daniels is the Republican for SD 29 (Nowata, Rogers, Washington) vacated by term-limited Sen. John Ford.  Molly McKay is the Republican for HD 78 (Tulsa) vacated by term-limited Demonrat Rep. Jeannie McDaniel.  Jason Sansone is the Republican for HD 94 (Oklahoma) challenging the Demonrat Incumbent Rep. Scott Inman.

September 21:  Kevin McDugle is the Republican for HD 12 (Wagoner) vacated by term-limited Demonrat Rep. Wade Rousselot.  JJ Humphrey is the Republican for HD 19 (Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Pushmataha) vacated by term-limited Demonrat Rep. R.C. Pruett.  Kyle Hilbert is the Republican for HD 29 (Creek, Tulsa) vacated by Republican Rep. James Leewright.

September 28:  Joe Griffin is the Republican for HD 92 (Oklahoma) vacated by term-limited Demonrat Rep. Richard Morrissette.  Tonni Canaday is the Republican for HD 97 (Oklahoma) vacated by term-limited Demonrat Rep. Mike Shelton.

October 12:  OCPAC will host a debate on the controversial State Question 777, the “Oklahoma Right to Farm” Amendment.  Roy Lee Lindsey, Executive Director for the Oklahoma Pork Council, will speak in favor of the amendment.  Speaking against the amendment will be former Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson

We anticipate a huge crowd for the SQ 777 debate.  Come early to get a seat and a plate for the chicken fajita buffet.

October 26:  Is the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority an unaccountable, crooked hotbed of crony capitalism?  How was OTA originally structured and designed to function by legislative statute?  What ought to be done with OTA in a perfect world from a moral perspective?  We will attempt to answer these questions when Tom Elmore, Executive Director of the North American Transportation Institute, presents an explanation and expose’ of the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.

November 9:  Join us for The Day After to gawk and comment on the disaster.  P. Andrew Sandlin, from the Center for Cultural Leadership, will join us for election analysis.

2.  Phyllis Schlafly.  Phyllis Schlafly passed away last week at the age of 92.  Former presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin said, Founder of Eagle Forum, Phyllis was possibly the most influential woman of her era.  She was a modern-day Abigail Adams…  I never knew her to be anything but the perfect lady.  She was a wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, scholar, freedom fighter, and role model.”  For more about the life of Phyllis Schlafly and the recent controversies within Eagle Forum, read Chuck Baldwin’s article.

Additional Notes

  • Join our Facebook group.
  • Become an OCPAC member with this form.
  • We currently meet on Wednesdays at noon at Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen.
  • The views expressed in this email are the personal opinion of John Michener and do not necessarily reflect the views of OCPAC, its leadership team, or its members.