Measure M - Boots on the ground!!! WE NEED HELP!!!

1 view

Peter Ochs

Sep 29, 2016, 10:06:21 PM9/29/16
to occupy-sonoma-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am writing to all of you that support Occupy Sonoma County and are against Monsanto.

On the November ballot is Measure M. If it passes it will prohibit the growing of GMO plants and crops in unincorporated Sonoma County. We will join Trinity, Humboldt, Mendocino, Marin, and Santa Cruz Counties with this prohibition.

Last weekend I received a phone call from a fellow member of OSC and she told me they were getting ready to canvas some neighborhoods in Petaluma. I asked how many people were there and she replied three. I immediately canceled my chores and other things I had planned to do Saturday. I went to Petaluma and started knocking on doors.

In 2009 (the only figure I could find quickly) there were over 31,000 registered voters in Petaluma. I knocked on 30 doors. That is 120 voters we would have talked to out of 31,000 voters.

There are over 260,000 registered voters in Sonoma County. Please explain to me how 4 people will accomplish very much.

WE NEED HELP!!!

There are many other things I would rather be doing than knocking on doors and talking to people. but, this is very important. We are not going to pass this measure with you thinking that there  are enough people canvassing and making phone calls so that you don't have to.

Last night, Wednesday, there were only 2 of us at the Peace & Justice Center. We did not accomplish very much.

Please go to www.gmofreesonomacounty.com and click on the volunteer link.

PLEASE!!   WE NEED HELP!!!

You say you support Occupy Sonoma County. I am asking you to put your feet on the ground and walk with us. If you would rather make phone calls that would be wonderful. Come to the PJC after 6pm. The PJC is located at 467 Sebastopol Ave.

PLEASE!!     WE NEED HELP!!    WE will not succeed with only 4 people.

PLEASE HELP!!
Thank you,
Peter
Occupy Sonoma County