OSC GMO Campaign Meeting - Agenda for 11/28/16

Emerald

Nov 28, 2016, 4:58:06 AM11/28/16
to OSC GMO Googlegroup

Occupy Sonoma County

 OSC GMO Campaign Meeting - Agenda for 11/28/16
Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa 95401
  map

PRE-AGENDA ITEMS
  • Allocate meeting tasks (assign facilitator, notetaker, timekeeper, vibeswatcher)
    Note: if you have not facilitated recently, please consider facilitating with our support

CHECK-INS
  • Brief personal check-ins (3 minutes each)
Note: the order of the next two items can be swapped per facilitator preference or group consensus.

AGENDA REVIEW
  • Review agenda
  • Decide agenda order and what to include
  • Set times for each topic & set a time to start the agenda

REPORTS BACK
  • What have you been working on?
  • Other tasks you agreed to do at the last meeting
  • Birthday party status: Mon, 12/5 @ 6 PM at Gaia's Garden
  • Report from last GMO Campaign meeting (Carol)​

  • GMOs in the news

PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
  • Discuss future direction of GMO Campaign meetings with possible expansion of focus and name​

  • Discussion - 2017 MAM event
    • Should we hold a MAM in 2017?
    • Other ideas:
      • Concert
        ​ after march (MAM)
      • Concert at another time with climate change and environmental focus (not MAM)​

      • GMO summit to bring together GMO groups and activists to coordinate, strategize, and work together.

  • Taqueria letter campaign​

It would take 5% of US consumers asking for GMO-free to be the tipping point.

Monsanto's stock is declining. A clear sign of this occurred when the president of Whole Foods confessed that when a product becomes verified as Non-GMO or GMO-free, sales leap by 15-30 percent. Of all the categories of health and wellness claims, such as “gluten-free,” etc, “GMO-free” products have the most rapid growth in sales.

We can win this! Together we can stop GMOs.

707-877-6650

http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org/es (en español)
http://www.facebook.com/OccupySonomaCounty
https://twitter.com/OcSoCo

Eve Navarro

Nov 28, 2016, 7:07:38 PM11/28/16
to Emerald, OSC GMO Googlegroup
What time does tonight's meeting start? The agenda doesn't say. And I can't remember. Is it 6 o'clock or 7 o'clock?

Eve J. Navarro
  =^..^=
Typos courtesy of my Phone

On Nov 28, 2016, at 1:57 AM, Emerald <Eme...@occupysonomacounty.org> wrote:

<OSC_Banner_Tree600.png>

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org
---

Steve D

Nov 28, 2016, 8:32:17 PM11/28/16
to occupy-sonoma-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eve,

7 PM

Last week I *finally* got the website up-to-date with the dates & times
of the meetings, so it is now safe to use to verify meeting times.

=Steve

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 04:07:36 PM, Eve wrote