Response needed: 2,4-D approved

Steve

Oct 15, 2014, 6:17:06 PM10/15/14
to OSC GMO Googlegroup

on Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:50:05 -0400 (EDT), e...@ewg.org wrote:
Environmental Working Group www.ewg.org
published by the Environmental Working Group

BREAKING: The EPA just announced its final decision to approve Dow's
toxic weed killer, Enlist Duo. Donate to EWG's Rapid Response team now!
https://donate.ewg.org/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=7666&track=201410EnlistSubA3Step

Friend,

We need to act fast.

The Environmental Protection Agency JUST gave Dow Chemical Co. the
green light to use a toxic combination of the herbicide 2,4-D and
glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup, on millions of
acres of genetically engineered crops across the United States.

This is a huge step backward that could have perilous consequences for
public health: 2,4-D has been linked to an increased risk of
Parkinson's disease, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, suppressed immune function
and other serious health problems.

We may have lost this battle, but we can still win the war. EWG is
ready to take on the fight for toxics and chemical reform, but we can't
do it without your immediate support.

Please, rush a donation to help EWG raise $25,000 before midnight
tonight so we can use the power of information to fight against the
dangerous arms race between chemical companies and superweeds.

Click here right now to rush $10 or more to EWG before midnight tonight
so we can fight back against Big Ag!
https://donate.ewg.org/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=7666&track=201410EnlistSubA3Step

The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that use of 2,4-D will
triple by 2020, exposing communities near sprayed crops to EIGHT TIMES
more chemicals than they are today. We need you to stand with us in the
fight for toxics and chemical reform.

Please, click here now to donate whatever you can spare to help EWG
raise $25,000 before midnight tonight so we can fight back against Dow
and other big chemical companies.
https://donate.ewg.org/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=7666&track=201410EnlistSubA3Step

Thanks for your quick action, Friend.

- EWG Rapid Response