Will Monsanto and Pepsi kill GMO labeling

Cassandra Lista

Sep 29, 2014, 6:32:46 PM9/29/14
to occupy-sonoma-co...@googlegroups.com
At 11:45 AM 9/29/2014, you wrote:

Right now Monsanto and their Big Food allies are flooding the airwaves in Oregon and Colorado to kill GMO labeling initiatives and we need your help to defeat them! You in?

You know the names ­

Monsanto, PepsiCo, Smucker’s. These Big Food giants – and their scary friends – are spending big time to keep their lab-engineered foods unlabeled on the shelves of our grocery stores and their negative ads are now flooding the airways in Oregon and Colorado.

We need to FIGHT BACK -- rush $25 right now and help us stand up to corporate dollars. With less than 48 hours to go, we’re still $41,175 short of our $100,000 grassroots goal.

https://fdn.actionkit.com/donate/stop_Monsantos_GMO_lie_machine_todayi/?t=4&akid=1323.86903.Ht5B52

Please, Cassandra – don't miss this chance to have your gift matched by pitching in whatever you can. Every dollar counts!

Want to know exactly how much these corporations and their shady friends are dropping on the GMO labeling races in Oregon and Colorado? Take a look:

[]

[]

That’s right, these eight corporations alone have already donated over $2 MILLION to silence our voices and keep GMOs on our tables.

Contribute $25 right now to help us stand up to Big Food. And hurry – all donations made before midnight tomorrow will be TRIPLE-MATCHED.

Be honest – do these numbers really surprise you? Many of these same huge corporations spent over ten times this amount to defeat labeling measures in Washington in 2013 and California in 2012.

We know PepsiCo and their crooked allies gearing up to dump even more dark money into these races – and if history is any indication, they’re planning on spending MUCH, MUCH MORE between now and Election Day.

Friends, the only way we’ll be able to fight back is if we do it together. To defeat Monsanto and their Big Food allies, it’s going to take ALL of us – not just voters in Colorado and Oregon – to stand up for our right to know what’s in our food.

Your support counts more now than ever – please contribute right now and help us meet our goal of raising $100,000 before midnight tomorrow. Every dollar counts.

https://fdn.actionkit.com/donate/stop_Monsantos_GMO_lie_machine_todayi/?t=10&akid=1323.86903.Ht5B52

With less than six weeks until Election Day, we need to make sure we’re doing everything we can, every single day, to protect our consumer rights. I know we can stand up to big corporate dollars and pass GMO labeling in November, but we need your help to make it happen.

Thank you for participating in food democracy,

Dave Murphy, Founder / Executive Director Food Democracy Now!, President, Food Democracy Action!

P.S. We understand that not everyone is in a position to donate and want to thank you for whatever contribution you can make, whether it's sharing this information with your friends and family or forwarding this email to whoever you think might be interested in this vital issue. It takes a movement to change the world and we thank each and every one of you for your support.

Funds donated directly to campaigns must be raised through Food Democracy Action, our allied 501(c)4 lobbying arm.