OSC GMO Campaign Meeting - Monday 10/24, 7 PM, PJC

Emerald

Oct 20, 2016, 9:04:15 AM10/20/16
to OSC GMO Googlegroup
Occupy Sonoma
                      County
GMO Campaign Meeting​
Monday,
​October 24​

7:00-7:15 pm - gather or phone-in
7:15 pm - meeting start
9:00 pm - meeting end
Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County
467 Sebastopol Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401  map

​Highlight for this meeting:
We will be deciding about the next March Against Monsanto​
​ in May 2017

AGENDA and call in information will be posted soon

Occupy Sonoma County embraces the egalitarian, deep democracy principles of the Occupy Movement with a regional strategy for effectively organizing county-wide social justice campaigns that are globally relevant.

Nicoline

Oct 20, 2016, 2:00:02 PM10/20/16
to OSC GMO Googlegroup

Hello,

I am planning to show Michael Moore's movie "Where to invade next?" on Friday October 21st at 7pm in the common room at 883 Sonoma Ave. If you have not seen it yet or would like to see it again this is your chance, so put it on your calendar. Bring friends and family, it's a free event but drinks and snacks welcome.

Nicoline

Tel. 707- 595-5838 before 6:30 p.m.

P.S.: Please park on Sonoma Ave or on Gray Court just across the street, there is always parking there.

In an election year, we hear endless promises of what our politicians will do to help the people. But are the ideas we’re hearing from Bernie Sanders and others—like Medicare for all, free college tuition, paid family leave—just slogans to pander to voters suffering under stagnating wages and burdensome debt? Could those ideas ever actually take hold?

If you want to see what a people-first agenda looks like in action, check out Michael Moore’s latest movie Where to Invade Next. Moore plants a flag in one country after another to “claim their good ideas.” In the process we meet a lot of people who are truly enjoying life.