Re: core + opam (Resolved)

Sean McLaughlin

Sep 15, 2012, 4:53:33 PM9/15/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Gazagnaire, Fabrice Le Fessant

I didn't realize you need to call

  eval `opam config -env`

before every compilation.  This fixed the problem.  Sorry for the noise.

Yaron Minsky

Sep 15, 2012, 9:44:26 PM9/15/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Gazagnaire, Fabrice Le Fessant
No problem. You should really just put that into your bashrc...

David House

Sep 16, 2012, 2:18:50 PM9/16/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Gazagnaire, Fabrice Le Fessant
I also think opam could offer to do this for you.

Anil Madhavapeddy

Sep 16, 2012, 2:21:35 PM9/16/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Gazagnaire, Fabrice Le Fessant
OPAM can't do the shell eval automatically.

However, there is a bug here anyway. All of the shells invoked by OPAM
(including the builds of the packages) should have the correct environment
variables set, so it's very odd that CAML_LD_LIBRARY_PATH appears to be
incorrect. You shouldn't need to run the eval for opam invocations: only for
using the OCaml environment outside of OPAM.

What OPAM version are you using?

-a

David House

Sep 16, 2012, 2:30:38 PM9/16/12
On 16 September 2012 19:21, Anil Madhavapeddy <an...@recoil.org> wrote:
> OPAM can't do the shell eval automatically.

I mean, it could offer to edit your bashrc for you. Every little helps... :)

Anil Madhavapeddy

Sep 16, 2012, 2:51:10 PM9/16/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, ocaml...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Gazagnaire, Fabrice Le Fessant
You should see my bashrc. No machine could edit that :-)

This is indeed a good thing for opam init to suggest (and remove the "would you like to install crucial base packages that will cause odd errors if you select N") prompt that it currently offers.

On github as https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/issues/151

-a