SSL bindings for Async?

Anil Madhavapeddy

Aug 31, 2012, 9:42:38 PM8/31/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Are there any SSL bindings for Async at present? I've been hacking on a Github API (https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-github) that uses Cohttp, and would like to functorise it over Async as well as Lwt, and this is the missing link.

-anil

Yaron Minsky

Sep 3, 2012, 4:56:39 PM9/3/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
None I am aware of. We don't have anything internally.

Anil Madhavapeddy

Sep 3, 2012, 4:58:22 PM9/3/12
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
I'll take a shot at writing an Async wrapper using ocaml-ssl (which are the same bindings used by Lwt_ssl, so should be stable enough)

-anil

Clark Gaebel

Oct 29, 2013, 11:51:39 PM10/29/13
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
I realize this is an old thread, but did anything ever become of this? If not, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. Is there any particular reason this never panned out?

Dominick LoBraico

Oct 30, 2013, 10:21:08 AM10/30/13
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Nope! Definitely something worth working on.

Anil Madhavapeddy

Oct 30, 2013, 11:21:26 AM10/30/13
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Definitely worth working on!  I decided not to proceed with the OCaml-SSL C bindings as I wasn't satisfied with their correctness.  One thing I'd love to see is a Ctypes [1] version of the SSL bindings, which would be far easier (and safer) to hook into Async.