Using Google Chrome with local files

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 18, 2011, 2:27:26 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here is a little application for Mac users that launches Google Chrome with the --allow-file-access-from-files argument so you can run Cappuccino apps directly from local files.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3862836/Google%20Chrome%20Local.app.zip

Many thanks,

Aparajita
www.aparajitaworld.com

"If you dare to fail, you are bound to succeed."
- Sri Chinmoy | www.srichinmoy.org

Diogo

Apr 18, 2011, 3:26:03 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I've been using POW http://pow.cx/ to easily run my apps.

It is designed for rails and rack apps, but can serve static files just fine as long as they sit in a /public dir

Cheers

Diogo

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 18, 2011, 4:09:24 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
> I've been using POW http://pow.cx/ to easily run my apps.
>
> It is designed for rails and rack apps, but can serve static files just fine as long as they sit in a /public dir

I just use the standard Mac OS X web sharing, which is actually apache.

Ben Langfeld

Apr 18, 2011, 4:16:27 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Of course, you can use Jack either which is even closer to home :)

Regards,
Ben Langfeld

Gregoire LEJEUNE

Apr 18, 2011, 5:23:49 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I use Jack. Here is the alias I have created on my Mac :

alias sws='jackup -e "require(\"jack/file\").File(\".\")" -E deployment'

Greg

D. Rimron

Apr 18, 2011, 6:21:22 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
The problem with all these suggestions, except Aparajita's original post, is that you're still locked into the XHR/XSS sandbox - meaning you can't test against any serverside webservices anyway (JSONP excluded, of course....)

-Dx

Sent from my iPhone

Randy Luecke

Apr 18, 2011, 9:54:31 PM4/18/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
oooo, I like this!
Thanks Aparijita.

Now if only the OS X dictionary worked. heh

- Randy

On Apr 18, 2:27 pm, Aparajita Fishman <aparaj...@aparajitaworld.com>

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 18, 2011, 9:55:51 PM4/18/11
to objec...@googlegroups.com
> Now if only the OS X dictionary worked. heh

In what way?

Randy Luecke

Apr 18, 2011, 9:59:18 PM4/18/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
The inline dictionary OS X provides with cmd+ctrl+d

On Apr 18, 9:55 pm, Aparajita Fishman <aparaj...@aparajitaworld.com>