Oauth 2 for devices and gdrive api?

ColumPaget

Jul 13, 2012, 5:33:56 AM7/13/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I can't figure out how to do 'Oauth 2 for devices' with gdrive. All the examples are in Ruby or .net, does anyone know where there are HTTP examples?

There doesn't seem to be a gdrive forum, does anyone know where there is one?

I've got as far as authenticating and getting https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v1/userinfo?alt=json, which gives me a 'user id' that I think I have to use with gdrive, but I'm not sure how.

If I include scopes from the gdrive api with along with the https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile scope, then I get a 400 Bad Request response.

Thanks,

Colum

Naveen Agarwal

Jul 13, 2012, 8:05:38 PM7/13/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colum,

Could you describe your use case? The device flow should be used where the device has limited capabilities and no browser. If the device has a browser that should be the preferred option.

Not all scopes are supported to be used with the device flow and that is why you are getting an error.

Thanks

Naveen

Pierre Villeneuve

Nov 2, 2012, 1:07:04 PM11/2/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com
It would be very helpful if you could somehow publish a description of which scopes are valid for the various flow types.  Right now the simple error message "invalid_scope" leads to much frustration and confusion.

Naveen Agarwal

Nov 2, 2012, 3:38:37 PM11/2/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com

I agree the current situation is not good. We are trying to figure out the best way to fix this. In the meantime please email me your use case and the scopes you are trying to use and we may be able to suggest some options.

Thanks

Naveen

Pierre Villeneuve

Nov 2, 2012, 7:08:17 PM11/2/12
to oauth...@googlegroups.com

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.  The two APIs I'm using now are FusionTables and Drive.  The first one seems to work fine with my device, it was just Drive that caused me some confusion.  Your response has provided me with sufficient information for now.  I will also look into using web authorization as that looks to be the recommended approach.

Pierre