NW.js v0.13.0-alpha2 is available

Roger Wang

Jun 23, 2015, 9:21:49 AM6/23/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
(NOTE: This version is a snapshot of the next major version 0.13 which is under active development. For now it’s not compatible with some of the APIs in 0.12, as we are refactoring them with a new technology from upstream. In the final release of 0.13, it will be compatible with all features in 0.12. It’s recommended for you to try this release and give your valuable feedback.)

Hello,

We are pleased to announce NW.js 0.13.0-alpha2. Starting from this version we support the "Mixed Context" mode, where the Node.js objects and DOM objects reside in the same Context (thus will be destroyed upon navigation). The trade-off is that mixed mode is easier to use in some cases, while the normal mode provides better isolation and supports navigation or multi-page application better. For more information, see https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/3107

There are multiple features ported from v0.12:
- Window.capturePage, eval and evalNWBin ported
- 'inject-js-start' and 'inject-js-end' ported
- support setting manifest in 'new-win-policy' callback
- Window 'loading' and 'loaded' event ported

Starting from 0.13.0-alpha0 we've been supporting Chrome Apps and many chrome.* APIs. For more information about it, see the previous announcement: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nwjs-general/IqfH1RXNGlw/2PgeRGHO-B4J

Download
========

SDK build:

There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build and sdk build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK package will also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases.

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary for this branch from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/nw13/

Known issues
===========
* (osx) app doesn’t quit by closing windows after using devtools

As this is the alpha release in the early phase of active development. Please expect bugs, and welcome to report them to our issue tracker with ‘[nw13]’ in the title.

Thanks & Best regards,

Roger & Kevin

Roger Wang

Jun 23, 2015, 9:24:47 AM6/23/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com, wen...@gmail.com
To turn on the Mixed Context mode, add '--mixed-context' to the command line or set 'mixed-context' to true in manifest.

When it's off, it should have zero side effect on the normal mode.

plo...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 10:17:59 AM6/25/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Still having problems with streams(even in third party libraries that uses file streams like node-wkhtmltopdf for example):
var spawn = nw.require('child_process').spawn,
  pr
= spawn('whatever');

/*...do something...*/

pr
.stdin.setEncoding = 'utf-8';
pr
.stdin.write("some text\n");
pr
.stdin.end(); // got error node.js:545 Uncaught Error {message: "Implement me. Unknown stream file type!"}

And does not work on different location other than local content (for example localhost or another url):
{
  "name": "Test",
  "description":"Test NWJS v13"
  ,"main": "http://localhost/"
  ,"node-remote":["localhost"]
}
(in console i get "nw is not defined" error)

Rodrigo Pandini

Jun 25, 2015, 3:57:58 PM6/25/15
to Plokko Rulez, nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
I did a hook for this when I was working with johnny-five (node-serialport) and node-webkit. Hope this help you.

I did a hook for this when I was working with johnny-five (node-serialport) and node-webkit. Hope this help you.

plo...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 5:33:56 AM6/29/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com, plo...@gmail.com
i don't understand your answer:
in v12 it worked and i get errors also in native node.js modules so it's not an error on my part.

joshter...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2015, 5:10:44 AM7/10/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Window.capturePage? What is this, exactly? I haven't been able to find any documentation on it.

LZAntal

Jul 10, 2015, 12:37:21 PM7/10/15
to joshter...@gmail.com, nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Jul 10, 2015, at 2:10 AM, joshter...@gmail.com wrote:

Window.capturePage? What is this, exactly? I haven't been able to find any documentation on it.

It’s for taking a screenshot of the window. You get the image as an argument.
try this and you can see whats in it.
window.capturePage(function(img){ console.dir(img); });

Hope it helps.

Roger

Jul 12, 2015, 10:03:00 PM7/12/15
On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 5:10 PM <joshter...@gmail.com> wrote:
Window.capturePage? What is this, exactly? I haven't been able to find any documentation on it.

asibin...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2015, 3:21:15 PM7/14/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

How close is NW.js from supporting NaCL?

ja...@jakeonthenet.com

Jul 14, 2015, 5:05:46 PM7/14/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
What is the status of pdf support in nwjs? I would like to use pdf.dll as well as print to pdf. I also noticed pdf.dll was not included in the nw13 windows downloads (at least 64bit)

Pedro Lucas da Silva Junior

Jul 14, 2015, 5:36:44 PM7/14/15
to ja...@jakeonthenet.com, nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

Roger

Jul 14, 2015, 10:04:16 PM7/14/15
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 5:05 AM <ja...@jakeonthenet.com> wrote:
What is the status of pdf support in nwjs? I would like to use pdf.dll as well as print to pdf. I also noticed pdf.dll was not included in the nw13 windows downloads (at least 64bit)

 Hello,

The new version of Chromium has pdf support built in. So we still support this in nw13.

Regards,

Roger

Roger

Jul 14, 2015, 10:05:30 PM7/14/15
to asibin...@gmail.com, nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 3:21 AM <asibin...@gmail.com> wrote:

How close is NW.js from supporting NaCL?

It shouldn't be hard to enable NaCL in NW.js v0.13, because we've adjusted the architecture a little bit to bring more Chromium features to NW.

Currently I'm focusing on migrating all NW v0.12 features and APIs to the new architecture. Once that's done I'll look into NaCL support.

Regards,

Roger

Jake

Jul 14, 2015, 11:02:49 PM7/14/15
to Roger, asibin...@gmail.com, nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Roger,

Thanks for the reply. I have the v.13 alpha but PDF.dll isn't included (it is present in v.12.2.)

Is PDF.dll not required in v.13? Does v.12.2 support PDF?

Thanks,
Jake

LZAntal

Jul 20, 2015, 1:46:49 PM7/20/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just tried it with my RaptorGL editor and it looks like it ignores the settings in package.json file. It just loads an empty window.
Not sure if thats part of the API thats not compatible so I thought I let you know.

Thank you.

Laszlo

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 6:21:49 AM UTC-7, Roger Wang wrote:
Message has been deleted

albert....@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2015, 5:32:36 PM8/20/15
to nw.js
Hello, how can we enter kiosk mode in this new version?
Thanks...

the15...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2015, 6:22:05 PM8/21/15
to nw.js
Any idea how close to a final version ?

Roger Wang

Aug 24, 2015, 9:24:01 AM8/24/15
to nw.js, the15...@gmail.com
Hello,

We'll release alpha3 soon, in which a big part -- the menu API is ported. Then there are still some features to be ported. After all the features ported we can enter beta.

Thanks,

Roger
Message has been deleted

dreamt...@gmail.com