NW.js v0.13.0-rc4 Released

Roger Wang

Mar 21, 2016, 12:25:39 AM3/21/16
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

NW.js 0.13.0-rc4 updates Node.js to the latest stable 5.9.0 and fixes some reported issues. This is the last RC before the final release, which will be available before the end of this month.

If you're new to version 0.13, please read http://nwjs.io/blog/v0.13.0-beta1/

ChangeLog

  • Update Node.js to 5.9.0
  • Fix: [WIN] unable to launch on XP 64bit system (#4600)
  • Fix: Crash when using additional_trust_anchors
  • Fix: Screen capture does not work in remote domain (#4579)
  • Fix: webview events not firing in remote page (#4590)
  • Fix: Crash when adding folder to workspace in devtools (#4602)
  • Fix: [OSX] Crash when using nw.Menu with chrome.identity.launchWebAuthFlow (#4591)
  • Fix: Crash when trying to open tabbed browser window (#4587, #4540)
  • Fix: Only top left corner of window icon is shown (#4581)
  • Fix: [OSX] Crash dumps doesn't match hashes of symbol files (#4450)
  • Fix: Crash on promise rejection handler (#4577)
  • Fix: Menu.popup blocks program (#4593)
  • Fix: [OSX] Cmd-Q does not pass true as the first argument to the event (#4580)
  • Fix: capturePage always return PNG (#4609)
  • [WIN] dump node.dll symbols
  • Remove context menu of notification (#4598)
  • Remove settings button of notification (#4582)
  • [docs] update crash dump location
  • [docs] add link for enable logging in FAQ
  • [docs] Reorder the navigation pane (#4576)
  • [docs] Multiple language resources in SDK build

Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw13/CHANGELOG.md

Download

SDK build:

NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.13.0-rc4/

There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/

Known issues

http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues

VoidVolker

Mar 22, 2016, 3:23:01 AM3/22/16
to nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
Chrome engine still sends some requests to google:

173.194.122.255
173.194.122.247
173.194.122.248
173.194.122.239

This isn't fixed yet?

Roger Wang

Mar 22, 2016, 4:59:29 AM3/22/16
to VoidVolker, nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io

Will check this soon. Thanks. Please file an issue to track.

Roger

VoidVolker <voidv...@gmail.com>于2016年3月22日周二 下午3:23写道:

Roger Wang

Mar 22, 2016, 5:17:37 AM3/22/16
to VoidVolker, nw.js
btw, I couldn't reproduce it. Please provide more information in issue. e.g. the platform you're using. Does it send the request immediately after launch? And the log with '--v=1' in the command line: http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/FAQ/#consolelog-doesnt-output-to-linux-terminal

Roger

VoidVolker

Mar 22, 2016, 11:39:54 AM3/22/16
to nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
It sends this requests not contantly, if I found how to reproduce - then I send you message.

jon.w....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 4:24:51 PM3/22/16
to nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
With nwjs-sdk-v0.13.0-rc4-win-x64, I get the following error when double-clicking nw.exe:
"The program can't start because ffmpeg.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

-Jonathan

Roger Wang

Mar 22, 2016, 6:29:59 PM3/22/16
to jon.w....@gmail.com, nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
The file should be there within the official zip. Would you check it?

Roger

jon.w....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 10:47:58 PM3/22/16
to nw.js, jon.w....@gmail.com, ro...@nwjs.io
Yes, the file is there.

I'm not on the Windows machine atm, but I'll check tomorrow to figure out what the problem was.