Node v4.x support?

Bryan Turek

Sep 7, 2015, 8:00:21 PM9/7/15
to nw.js
I was wondering if there was any work started on using node v4.x for nw >= v0.13.x. If there is, can we get a list of what needs to be done in order to have that be compatible?
Otherwise can we get that in motion? With the integration between node and iojs? I think moving back along with io.js to node will be a good thing.

Roger Wang

Sep 7, 2015, 9:50:45 PM9/7/15
to nw.js
I'm rebasing the code with Chromium 45 and Node v4.0.0 since it's shipped with v8 4.5, which is the same version in Chromium 45. And Node.js and io.js are back together as we know.

The next alpha version will be released with Chromium 45 and Node v4.0.0.

Regards,

Roger

Aliaksei Chapyzhenka

Sep 14, 2015, 2:10:50 AM9/14/15
to nw.js
Great! Can't wait to see it happens!

has...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2015, 10:27:37 AM9/15/15
to nw.js
Is the new release expected this month?

Roger Wang

Sep 15, 2015, 11:09:25 PM9/15/15
to nw.js, has...@gmail.com
Hopefully. Currently it's up running on Linux. And I'm working on OSX and Win. The code is in 'tmp' branches of the 5 repos. After it's done it will be merged into 'nw13' branch.

Roger Wang

Sep 27, 2015, 10:01:37 PM9/27/15
to nw.js, has...@gmail.com
The release of alpha4 with Chromium 35 and Node v4 is likely to be done in Oct.

It's a little bit longer than expected (release in Sep) because Chromium upstream switched from openssl to boringssl completely in 35. It's somehow conflicting with the openssl shipped in Node.js v4. So extra work need to be done in NW to resolve this. Fortunately this part of the work is mostly done and we are moving forward to the alpha4 release.

Regards,

Roger

Péter Hauszknecht

Sep 28, 2015, 2:03:55 AM9/28/15