NW.js v0.14.4 Released as Long Term Supported (LTS) version

Roger Wang

May 6, 2016, 5:07:36 AM5/6/16
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

NW.js 0.14.4 is released to sync up with Node.js v5.11.1 release and including fixes we made during these days. If you're looking for Node.js v6 update, please see the 0.15 RC release.

NW 0.14.x will be the long term supported (LTS) version. Chromium will stay at 50 and Node.js will stay at v5.x in 0.14. The plan is to keep development on 0.14 for at least 1 year and then keep maintenance for another year. During this period we'll fix issues in the NW part. Backporting Chromium and Node.js fixes will be considered on request. Windows XP and Mac OSX version earlier than 10.9 will be supported in 0.14.

In 2016 our release plan is to bump the major version with Chromium upstream release every 6 weeks. The stable version will keep moving with Chromium 51 in 0.15 and so on.

For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later version, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.

ChangeLog

  • Update Node.js to 5.11.1
  • Extended nw.Clipboard to support multiple data types
  • Fix: nw.Window.open returns undefined in callback when devtools is opened (#4188)
  • Fix: ALT+ENTER causes NW.js to crash when using --in-process-gpu (#4741)
  • Fix: 'document-end' and 'loaded' event not working with remote pages (#4788)
  • Fix: inject_js_start not working with iframes in 0.14.3 (#4791)
  • Fix: nw.Menu.popup works only once (#4721)
  • [docs] document-start event and nw.Window.open()

Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw14/CHANGELOG.md

Download

SDK build:

Binaries for other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.14.4/

There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support. The NaCl build flavor in 0.14 and 0.13 was dropped due to very low usage and feedback

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/

Known issues

http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues