NW.js v0.12.3 released

Roger Wang

Jul 31, 2015, 7:34:16 PM7/31/15
to nw.js
Hello,

While we are working actively on the next major version, we're still keep  maintaining the stable branch and released 0.12.3.

This release adds a new build flavor to support Mac App Store. Thanks to Trevor Linton, Alexey Stoletny,  Johan Satgé and  Wang Chi for their work on this. The build has been verified with a successful submission to Mac App Store. See the document here: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Mac-App-Store-%28MAS%29-Submission-Guideline  and the discussion: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/3609

A new API Screen.DesktopCaptureMonitor is added to support the similar feature in Chrome App. See

Please download it from:

32bit binaries and all files:

Changes
=======
- Support Mac App Store with the 'macappstore' flavor
- [WIN] Screen.DesktopCaptureMonitor API: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Screen#screendesktopcapturemonitor (Thanks to Rick Edgecombe)
- [HighDPI][WIN] fix for Tray menu is huge on High-DPI Windows machine (#2847) (Thanks to Jefry)

Full ChangeLog:

Cheers,

Roger & Kevin

Pier Bover

Jul 31, 2015, 7:49:37 PM7/31/15
to nw.js
Does this mean that people won't have to disable gatekeeper to use NWJS apps not downloaded from the App Store?

Roger Wang

Jul 31, 2015, 7:49:58 PM7/31/15
to nw.js
PS:

You should use the build flavor 'nwjs-macappstore-v0.12.3-osx-x64.zip' for Mac App Store submission.

Roger

keth...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2015, 12:05:06 AM8/1/15
to nw.js
If the app has a valid digital signature from a registered Apple developer, then the user will not need to disable gatekeeper regardless of whether it is distributed from the Mac App Store or from elsewhere.

keth...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2015, 12:07:58 AM8/1/15
to nw.js
At what stage during the development cycle are open pull requests culled? I've had one open since March and there's been one or two releases since then without it being reviewed by anyone who could merge. https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/pull/3221
Message has been deleted

asto...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2015, 11:09:42 PM8/2/15
to nw.js
Hey Pier,

This was even possible before this version, by signing an executable with a proper Apple Developer certificate for distribution off the Mac App Store. Provided that a build is signed, it can be distributed. Mac App Store has special requirements as to sandboxing applications and their usage of private APIs. This is what the new version addresses. Please refer to this doc for details: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Mac-App-Store-%28MAS%29-Submission-Guideline

Pier Bover

Aug 3, 2015, 12:09:29 AM8/3/15
to nw.js
Thanks for the info, but I'm not interested in distributing via the app store.

I've found it is possible to sign a NWJS app using apple's tools, so that users don't get the gatekeeper error.

Here is the solution I've found
https://murrayhopkins.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/signing-the-osx-version-of-your-nwjs-node-webkit-app-for-gatekeeper-for-mac-noobs-like-me/

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:08 PM, <asto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Peir,

This was even possible before this version, by signing an executable with a proper Apple Developer certificate for distribution off the Mac App Store. Provided that a build is signed, it can be distributed. Mac App Store has special requirements as to sandboxing applications and their usage of private APIs. This is what the new version addresses. Please refer to this doc for details: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/wiki/Mac-App-Store-%28MAS%29-Submission-Guideline

Roger

Aug 3, 2015, 2:21:36 AM8/3/15
to keth...@gmail.com, nw.js

Hi,

Thanks for submitting PR to the project. Normally we process them at any time. But now we are in the transition to a new architecture in the upcoming 0.13 release and most of the PRs are not relevant any more. We'll process them after 0.13 release.

0.12 branch is still maintained before that but we're focused on 0.13. Hopefully 0.12.3 would be the last version on that branch.

Roger

<keth...@gmail.com>于2015年8月1日周六 下午12:08写道:

simone...@orobix.com

Aug 7, 2015, 4:57:59 AM8/7/15
to nw.js, keth...@gmail.com
0.12.3 has the same problem of the 0.12.2 under OSX.
Big drop of performance... Is something changed with process scheduling in respect to 0.12.1? It seems that the interval is too big.
Best
Simone

simone...@orobix.com

Aug 7, 2015, 5:08:42 AM8/7/15
to nw.js, keth...@gmail.com, simone...@orobix.com
Here's the example, you can see difference between 0.12.3  and 0.12.1 under OSX 10.10.4

bkd...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2015, 7:28:07 PM8/28/15
to nw.js, keth...@gmail.com, simone...@orobix.com
I have a big drop of performance on windows too

Roger

Aug 30, 2015, 11:33:43 AM8/30/15
to simone...@orobix.com, nw.js, keth...@gmail.com

Thanks for reporting. Could you please send your sample app to me?

<simone...@orobix.com>于2015年8月7日周五 下午5:08写道:

pvbr...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2016, 11:58:11 PM1/23/16
to nw.js

Hello Roger,
                    Iam automating my NW.JS desktop based web technologies implemented application using selenium web driver with java language
i see that the latest version chromedriver-nw-v0.12.3-win-x64.zip----belongs to chromedriver 2.13 version, can you please let me know what is the corresponding version for chromedriver 2.20
can i get the chromedriver-nw-vx.x.x-win-x64.zip version for chromedrive 2.20 version.
Hope you will reply to my mail.

Thanks,
Vijay