NW.js v0.13.0-alpha5 is updated with Chromium 46 and Node v5.0.0

Roger Wang

Nov 2, 2015, 12:30:36 AM11/2/15
to nw.js
(NOTE: This version is a snapshot of the next major version 0.13 which
is under active development. For now it’s not compatible with some of
the APIs in 0.12, as we are refactoring them with a new technology
from upstream. In the final release of 0.13, it will be compatible
with all features in 0.12. It’s recommended for you to try this
release and give your valuable feedback.)

Hello,

We are pleased to announce NW.js 0.13.0-alpha5. In this version
Chromium is updated to version 46 and Node.js is updated to v5.0.0.

Shortly after the alpha4 released in last week, we did this rebase
and release with the new major upstream versions. This delivers
the latest v8 engine. Hopefully it brings you more powerful features
in the JavaScript language.

There are no other changes in this release.

Starting from 0.13.0-alpha0 we've been supporting Chrome Apps and many
chrome.* APIs. For more information about it, see the previous

Download
========

SDK build:

NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.13.0-alpha5/

There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and
Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does.
lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK package will
also have more development tools to be exposed in the following
releases, as well as the NaCl support.

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you
can access to the latest binary for this branch from

Known issues
==========
- [WIN] menubar not shown when DWN is disabled

php91

Nov 2, 2015, 4:23:30 AM11/2/15
to nw.js
Hi Mr Wang,

I notice that the Nwjc are no longer included on 0.13* versions, will older compiler (0.12*) still work on the latest version? Thanks

interspires...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 4:55:54 AM11/3/15
to nw.js
武汉php程序员发来贺电.

Roger Wang

Nov 3, 2015, 5:36:49 AM11/3/15
to nw.js, zeishi....@gmail.com
Hi,

I believe it's a package bug. Will fix it soon. The 'nwjc' compiler is not compatible between different versions. Thanks.

Roger

Haseeb Khan

Nov 4, 2015, 11:10:09 AM11/4/15
to nw.js
Hi Roger , indeed this is a great product and trying to build nw13 from scratch . every thing going fine but at linking system hangs and link.exe is using 95% of memory. i think my VS seems corupted
but i just checked buildbot logs  which is compiling only 162 files
[155/162] LINK_EMBED(DLL) nw.dll
but in my case ninja compiling
[19868/19898] LINK_EMBED(DLL) nw.dll
am i doing anything wrong in building?

Roger Wang

Nov 4, 2015, 8:45:53 PM11/4/15
to nw.js
It's normal to see ~20,000 files in a full build. The log you see in buildbot is an incremental build because only a few files were changed.

I believe you need more RAM - the linking step is supposed to consume much memory.

Regards,

Roger

zeishi....@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2015, 6:23:09 AM11/5/15
to nw.js, zeishi....@gmail.com
Thanks Mr Wang. Fantastic work indeed!

Ashley Gullen

Nov 5, 2015, 10:24:06 AM11/5/15
to nw.js
It's great to see a faster release cycle. Looks like your build infrastructure improvements are paying off. Keep up the good work!

- Ashley

eonl...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2015, 3:38:25 AM11/6/15
to nw.js
I agree!

Haseeb Khan

Nov 7, 2015, 3:02:05 AM11/7/15
to nw.js
Thanks Roger ,

i have installed 12GB of RAM and my build is completed .

badi...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2015, 6:19:36 AM11/8/15
to nw.js
Hello Roger,

Excellent work as always !

Any chance to release alpha5 for nw-gyp on http://node-webkit.s3.amazonaws.com/ anytime soon ?

Thanks

matthew...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2015, 12:15:02 AM11/10/15
to nw.js
Hooray!

peimi...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2015, 12:54:56 AM11/11/15
to nw.js
上海程序员发来贺电!

Jet Ma

Nov 12, 2015, 8:50:45 PM11/12/15
to nw.js
Hi, Roger. When can I get the release version? Thanks.

khl...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2015, 6:50:26 PM11/16/15
to nw.js
Hi, was testing NW 0.13.0-alpha5 today. Please take a look and see if the "user-agent" configuration option in the package.json is still working.  In release 0.12, the "user-agent" configuration worked nicely.

Thanks

skyu...@googlemail.com

Nov 17, 2015, 12:48:49 PM11/17/15
to nw.js
Hello Mr Wang, first of all thanks for this excellent work and all your efforts.

Is Windows XP no more longer supported by v0.13.0-alpha5 or is it an issue
when it does not run?
Because when i try to start it only the main process starts and nothing else:
- no window opens
- no code will execute