NW.js v0.12.0-rc1 released

Roger

Feb 26, 2015, 11:55:39 PM2/26/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Here is the first RC of 0.12.0. Important changes are: support Linux Pepper flash plugin; Size limitation removed from nwsnapshot, with which you can compile your JS source code to machine code.

Before the final release of 0.12.0, there will be versions for more bug fixes.

* Example command line usage for linux pepper flash plugin support:

  --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome-beta/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=15.0.0.152

* Usage of the new 'nwjc' tool, which replaces 'nwsnaphsot' to remove the size limitation and support closure:
- compile your JS file with nwjc:
 nwjc <jsfile> <bin output filename>
then in your app:
require('nw.gui').Window.get().evalNWBin(null, 'your.bin');

The arguments of the evalNWBin() method are similar with the Window.eval() method, where the first parameter is the target iframe ('null' for main frame), and the 2nd parameter is the binary code file.

Changes since v0.12.0-alpha3:

- new 'nwjc' tool replaces 'nwsnapshot'; size limit removed
- add Window.evalNWBin() to work with nwjc
- Fix #2923: support pepper flash plugin on Linux
- Fix #2961: nwdirectory file dialog
- Fix #2996: setting breakpoints in Node context in devtools

Full ChangeLog:

Other binaries and symbols:

Regards,

Roger

Anatoly Pashin

Feb 27, 2015, 12:15:33 AM2/27/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Roger.

Пашин Анатолий,
эникейщик.

Ian Scott

Feb 27, 2015, 12:28:29 AM2/27/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 8:55:39 PM UTC-8, Roger Wang wrote:
Hello,

Here is the first RC of 0.12.0. Important changes are: support Linux Pepper flash plugin; Size limitation removed from nwsnapshot, with which you can compile your JS source code to machine code.

Thanks Roger. I am trying to build from the nw12 branch and it looks like a lot of necessary modules are commented out of the chromium.src DEPS file. Do we have to assemble a source tree by hand?

--
Ian

Roger Wang

Feb 27, 2015, 12:35:31 AM2/27/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
I just fixed it. Thanks.

Roger

lang...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2015, 3:28:17 AM2/28/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
This version requires twice the RAM! When compared with v0.10.3.

hamidab...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 10:44:33 AM3/2/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
Roger Wang, I dont know how to thank you, you changed my professional life entirely. Thank you sir.

ebra...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 10:33:03 AM3/4/15
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com
very intersting release .. I use node-webkit from v0.8
and this release is very promised .

thanks for all the stuff