NW.js v0.16.0-beta2 Released with Today's Chromium Beta 52 Update

Roger Wang

Jun 23, 2016, 5:59:46 AM6/23/16
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

NW.js 0.16.0-beta2 is released in Beta branch with latest Chromium beta 52.0.2743.49. This version introduces CSS containment, simpler performance measurement, streamable responses from service workers, and more options for web push.

See upstream blog for exciting new features and improvements in Chromium 52: http://blog.chromium.org/2016/06/chrome-52-beta-css-containment-simpler.html

Following our release plan in 2016, we want to release a new major version as soon as a new Chromium stable release. That means 0.16.0 should be released soon after Chromium 52 released as stable version, which is expected to happen in mid July. So 0.16.0 testing versions are released now for preview and test purpose. Please try it and give your valuable feedback.

We've been working on 3 branches simultaneously: a released branch on current Chromium stable, a beta branch on Chromium beta and a LTS branch which will be supported for the next 2 years.

For more information on the new milestone 0.13 and later versions, please see our blog "What's New in 0.13" for a better introduction.

Download

SDK build:

Binary for other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.16.0-beta2/

There are 2 builds for each platform - normal build, and SDK build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support. The NaCl build flavor in 0.14 and 0.13 was dropped due to very low usage and feedback

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/

Known issues

http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues