NW.js v0.13.0-rc3 released

Roger Wang

Mar 14, 2016, 10:17:08 PM3/14/16
to nwjs-g...@googlegroups.com

NW.js 0.13.0-rc3 fixed important issues in previous release and add more features. This release contains bug fixes reported by the users. We'll continue to fix reported issues as we are approaching the final release, which is scheduled in this month.

The notable changes in this release is:

  • Enable auth password dialog
  • Enable notification permission for all origin
  • Support chrome.contentSettings API

If you're new to version 0.13, please read http://nwjs.io/blog/v0.13.0-beta1/

ChangeLog

  • Enable auth password dialog
  • Enable notification permission for all origin (#4521, #4533)
  • Support chrome.contentSettings API (#4521)
  • Fix: wrong version and info for Pepper Flash plugin in registry (#4530)
  • Fix: [WIN] fix: window title and icon not shown
  • Fix: [WIN] start up fail where crashpad path is not found
  • Fix: nwjs 0.13.0 showed as chromium in taskbar on Linux (#4537)
  • [docs] more info on bg-script
  • [docs] transparecy needs frameless

Full changelog: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw13/CHANGELOG.md

Download

SDK build:

NaCl build and other platforms: http://dl.nwjs.io/v0.13.0-rc3/

There are 3 builds for each platform - normal build, sdk build and Nacl build. Normal build doesn't have devtools, only SDK build does. lt can be opened by pressing F12 (Cmd-Alt-I on OSX). SDK packages also have more development tools to be exposed in the following releases, as well as the NaCl support.

Our build infrastructure enables live binary build from git tip so you can access to the latest binary from http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/

Known issues

http://docs.nwjs.io/en/latest/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues

Discussion

zoran....@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 9:51:35 AM3/15/16
to nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
Roger,

where can I find "[docs] more info on bg-script" ?

Thanks,
Zoran

ami.be...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 2:25:02 PM3/15/16
to nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io, Shay Finkelstein
Thanks Roger,

I wanted to asks about the known issues with closing the app window.
This is major for us, as we need the X button to only minimize the app, and to actually close it with Quit.

Any idea/plan for when that specific known issue is planned to be fixed?

Thanks,
Ami

Roger Wang

Mar 15, 2016, 6:31:38 PM3/15/16
to zoran....@gmail.com, nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io
https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/commit/17806c6773a6360381a17e700de72a62e58c49b6

The update is pushed to docs.nwjs.io automatically under the 'latest' version.

Roger

Roger Wang

Mar 15, 2016, 6:34:21 PM3/15/16
to ami.be...@gmail.com, nw.js, ro...@nwjs.io, Shay Finkelstein
Is there issue for that? I can check it.

It's supposed to work by adding an event handler to the window for the 'close' event, and then minimize the window there.

Roger

Ami Ben David

Mar 16, 2016, 8:58:18 AM3/16/16
to Roger Wang, nw.js, Shay Finkelstein
Hi Roger,

Let me elaborate on the issue.

We're trying to differentiate the action of closing the window by click the (x) button, to quitting the application by hitting cmd+Q / alt+F4 (force quitting)/using right-click menu option.

When clicking X we want to just minimize (we are a business messenger, so we need users to remain logged-in, receive messages etc). However, we do want users to be able to Quit the app altogether if they want, by force quitting, or with a menu option.

What's not working:

On version 0.12 quitting the application resulted in triggering the close event with an 'action' argument like so:

nwin.on('close', function(action) { if (action=='quit') {quit()} else {hide()} })

On version 0.13, the argument has changed to 'force' and should be true when trying to quit the app altogether, however it does not actually pass and in fact is always `undefined`. This is also listed under the change log's known issues:

close event of nw.Window: ⌘+Q does not pass true as the first argument to the event.
http://docs.nwjs.io/en/v0.13.0-rc3/For%20Users/Migration/From%200.12%20to%200.13/#known-issues

Please let me know what you think,

Thanks,
Ami

Roger Wang

Mar 16, 2016, 7:00:28 PM3/16/16
to ami.be...@gmail.com, Roger Wang, nw.js, Shay Finkelstein
Will fix this soon before the final release. Thanks.

Roger

Ami Ben David

Mar 16, 2016, 8:07:29 PM3/16/16
to Roger Wang, nw.js, Shay Finkelstein
Great, thanks Roger, when is the final release date planned?

Thx,
Ami

Roger Wang

Mar 16, 2016, 9:34:51 PM3/16/16