Internal error 0xFFFFFA27

Jim Ewing

Jun 6, 2007, 11:09:35 AM6/6/07
Seeking advice on the following error. We followed TID instructions to
the letter and are still unable to resolve this error.

Internal error 0xFFFFFA27 reported when logging into NDS with NMAS enabled
- TID10094494

We have uninstalled Novell Client 4.91 SP3 and Uninstalled NICI 2.7.0,
however we can not delete the remaining NICI userfiles that would resolve
the problem. We have a corrupted user folder that we cannot delete even
with Ownership and full permissions in a Windows XP environment.

Message has been deleted

Burton Brown

Jul 27, 2007, 11:32:07 AM7/27/07
I have seen this issue quite a bit since we use imaging.

the TIDs I have found are not very specific, but eventually I deciphered
them and tried added a Registry key and it worked!

I exported my entry and on any newly image PC I import the key and all
those pesky 0xFFFFFA27 login errors have stopped!

Copy and paste the following into notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARENovellNICI]
"Name"="Novell International Cryptographic Infrastructure"
"Version"=dword:00027002
"Strength"="U0"
"DAC"=hex:c5,e3,1a,6e,e0,e1,0b,c5,72,5d,8a,d5,51,f8,e7,05,f8,5d,ac,9e
"SharedLibrary"="%SystemRoot%\system32\CCSW32.DLL"
"ConfigDirectory"="%SystemRoot%\system32\Novell\Nici"
"EnableUserProfileDirectory"="1"

then save the file as NICI.reg

Then import the file into the registry.

it worked for me.