Got NDS error. Error code -635

ahin...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2007, 6:34:02 AM3/16/07
I was trying to fire a search with query
(&(uid123=*)(objectclass=person)) in a c#.net application.
Actually i am trying to retrieve the users of eDirectory. It works
fine if i give correct attribute name for users i.e. uid instead of
uid123.
It gave me error "A device attached to the system is not
functioning.".
Extended error message says that its NDS error with error code -635.
Is there any problem if i give invalid attribute name. for other
directories i get empty string if attribute name is invalid.
Is there any way around for the problem\
Thanks in advance

Edward van der Maas

Mar 16, 2007, 7:58:20 PM3/16/07
ahin...@gmail.com wrote:

Check what the dstrace says. It should not give an error like that.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Peter Kuo

Mar 16, 2007, 9:51:35 PM3/16/07
ahin...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there any problem if i give invalid attribute name.

Yes, there is:

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10097635&sliceId=&dialogID=30173475&stateId=0%200%2030181051

--

Peter