Maker Faire UK 2015

Kate Bolin

Dec 17, 2014, 5:51:25 AM12/17/14
to notti...@googlegroups.com
So we're going, right?  Because it has been fun the past two years.

Shall I fill out our Nottingham Hackspace application?

James Hayward

Dec 17, 2014, 5:53:58 AM12/17/14
to notti...@googlegroups.com

Hell yes!

Matt Lloyd

Dec 17, 2014, 6:18:43 AM12/17/14
to NottingHack Google Groups
booking holiday now
'RepRap' Matt

Matthew Gates

Dec 17, 2014, 6:20:43 AM12/17/14
to Nottinghack
I'd like to go!

Mouse
--
<:3⁐)𝀈

Michael Erskine

Dec 17, 2014, 7:57:08 AM12/17/14
to nottinghack
I'm probably going but need to get my family involved somehow!

Matthew Gates

Dec 17, 2014, 8:15:58 AM12/17/14
to Nottinghack
Turn them into cyborgs and exhibit them.
--
<:3⁐)𝀈

Chunky

Dec 17, 2014, 10:25:24 AM12/17/14
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for it too.

Keep us informed of plans.....

Matt

garethhowell

Dec 17, 2014, 1:49:54 PM12/17/14
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Michael, do you think it would be good to get a table for the balloon project?

Michael Erskine

Dec 17, 2014, 1:56:55 PM12/17/14
to nottinghack
I'd want to be a bit more prepared, but yes!

On 17 December 2014 at 18:49, garethhowell <gareth...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yay! Michael, do you think it would be good to get a table for the balloon project?

jfowkes

Dec 18, 2014, 8:13:56 AM12/18/14
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'll be going!

Kate Bolin

Mar 4, 2015, 9:08:47 AM3/4/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Right so, Maker Faire is coming!

We're signed up.

Here's the Wiki page:
https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Maker_Faire_2015

So far, it's just me on there.  We need volunteers, transport, and projects.  So feel free to chip in.

Andrew Armstrong

Mar 4, 2015, 9:44:10 PM3/4/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm probably not going to do the museum of computing this year (others are busy with a big move of kit) but might be able to make it. I'll check and if so have a car with space in it. Maybe this year I'll see their hackspace too!

Andrew

jfowkes

Mar 5, 2015, 9:00:00 AM3/5/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
How much space do we have? Two tables again?

I've been busy with other things, so I haven't really got anything new or exciting to take. But the week before I'll be doing Arduino stuff at Nottingham library. I could just take that along and run short intro sessions...?

Chunky

Mar 5, 2015, 9:18:41 AM3/5/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for this and helping out.
I'll bring some stuff which might flash and beep....
I'm added to wiki.
Anyone up for staying in the Albatros backpackers hostel again? Or not?...
We could look into getting an AirBnB place as a few of us.

Matt

jfowkes

Mar 5, 2015, 2:50:12 PM3/5/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy with the Albatross, haven't been there yet. Or an AirBnB if it's full already.

James Hayward

Mar 5, 2015, 3:52:11 PM3/5/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com

You haven't been to the albatross?

Oh! You haven't lived until you've had a preemptive telling off from an old dutch man!

On 5 Mar 2015 19:50, "jfowkes" <james...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd be happy with the Albatross, haven't been there yet. Or an AirBnB if it's full already.

Matt Lloyd

Mar 5, 2015, 3:54:51 PM3/5/15
to NottingHack Google Groups
Im in and up for helping as always,
I’ll be looking for transport up there and back please

Happy go with the Albatros, if there is enough of us and we get the room booked in time

'RepRap' Matt

Michael Erskine

Mar 6, 2015, 4:04:35 AM3/6/15
to nottinghack
On 5 March 2015 at 19:50, jfowkes <james...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be happy with the Albatross, haven't been there yet.

There is strong correlation in those two statements :D

Banjoface

Mar 6, 2015, 4:20:11 AM3/6/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm in, I can probably drive too, although there is something of a gamble as to whether my car will survive the journey...

I can bring the fogger, and things made of wood...

Andreas Reiter

Mar 6, 2015, 5:10:22 AM3/6/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hey!
I'm happy to join in and help as well!
I'll (hopefully, as I haven't warned them yet) be staying with friends there, though I'm now curious what's up with the large bird hostel?

cheers!
Andreas

Michael Erskine

Mar 6, 2015, 6:04:54 AM3/6/15
to nottinghack
On 6 March 2015 at 10:10, Andreas Reiter <a.j.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey!
> I'm happy to join in and help as well!
> I'll (hopefully, as I haven't warned them yet) be staying with friends
> there, though I'm now curious what's up with the large bird hostel?

Seems that a backpacker killed an albatross at sea and established a
cursed hostel.

Sophie Wilkinson

Mar 6, 2015, 8:35:31 AM3/6/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Me and Adam will be travelling up Friday afternoon and coming back Saturday night.

Happy to help staff the stall on Saturday for half the day, ideally the morning.

Soph

Kate Bolin

Mar 9, 2015, 8:01:30 AM3/9/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE.

I am asking for 10 passes.

I need everyone who says they would like to go to put their name on the wiki:
https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Maker_Faire_2015

If you are not one of the 10, you will need to pay for a ticket.

If you are not going, but have things you want to exhibit, please also include that.

If you are driving up, and you have space in your vehicle to hold things, also include that.

I know I tend to be a bit slack, but this time I am totally drill sargeanting this thing.

Mellchie

Mar 9, 2015, 8:08:47 AM3/9/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Make sure they confirm - last year we asked for 10, had no reply and assumed it would be fine only to find we had 6 and had to beg for more! (If memory serves.)

Sadly I won't be attending this year as I'm giving a presentation on the following Monday/Tuesday.

jfowkes

Mar 15, 2015, 11:56:34 AM3/15/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
The Albatross is fully booked for the maker faire weekend. I'll do some more searching. It would be helpful to know spending limits for those who want to go as a group. I think the list is:

Me
Matt Little
Matt Lloyd
Toby
Andreas

jfowkes

Mar 15, 2015, 12:07:07 PM3/15/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
There's an AirBnB for £340 per night (£68 per person per night).

It's 4 metro stops north of the city centre.

jfowkes

Mar 15, 2015, 12:15:08 PM3/15/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Screw that, there's a place for £106 per night right next to the station.

Adam Froggatt

Mar 27, 2015, 3:59:22 PM3/27/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I can make it, got a friend happy to put me up overnight.

However: train tickets are 60 quid, anyone got a spare car seat? I'm easy to as going/coming back.

Andrew Armstrong

Mar 27, 2015, 5:58:37 PM3/27/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Urg, I need to still figure out my plans, totally forgot about maker faire! Not getting anywhere without a hotel though but I have a car to get there.

If I'm able to secure a room (any help appreciated!) then I can carry 4 on Friday (evening? Daytime?)

Andrew

jfowkes

Mar 30, 2015, 9:11:06 AM3/30/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Just an update, Matt Lloyd, Toby, Rob and I will be staying at the Royal Station Hotel. Matt and I from Friday to Monday, Rob and Tony from Friday till Sunday.

Sorry Andrew, didn't see your message until after I'd booked or I would have tried to fit you in.

Andrew Armstrong

Mar 30, 2015, 9:36:09 AM3/30/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Might give it a miss then! but if I find time to look for hotels I'll
give it a shot.

Andrew

Kate Bolin

Apr 10, 2015, 9:16:10 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
RIGHT.

We have EIGHT passes.

This means that two of us can take Saturday off, because Sophie and Adam are only in on Saturday.

If you were dithering on going, this is your opportunity to drop out.

We need TRANSPORTATION.

If you have a car, you need to list how many people can go in the car with you. If you don't have a car, but are getting there another way, you need to mention that as well.

We have rented a car in the past.  If you can drive and are willing to drive, then now is your chance.  We have seven people who say they do not have a car who are going.  So this needs to be sorted.

We also need THINGS.

Right now, those two tables are gonna be sparse.  I almost might just have to bring Kota along to take up some room.  If you have a project that you are working on, bring it along.

LET'S GO TO MAKER FAIRE.

jfowkes

Apr 10, 2015, 9:19:00 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I think Toby, Mouse and Rob are driving up on Toby's car, but they can confirm that.

I'm happy to sort out hiring and driving if we don't have another car for the rest of us.

On 30/03/2015 14:11, jfowkes wrote:
Just an update, Matt Lloyd, Toby, Rob and I will be staying at the Royal Station Hotel. Matt and I from Friday to Monday, Rob and Tony from Friday till Sunday.

Sorry Andrew, didn't see your message until after I'd booked or I would have tried to fit you in.

Adam Froggatt

Apr 10, 2015, 9:26:58 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy to bring all manner of props, goggles wot flash and blink, me-arm and a gameduino, and more than happy to man the stand.

I just have no transport. Accomodation yes. Transport no. That said, if transport is genuinely a problem then I'm happy to drop out if required.

Toby Jackson

Apr 10, 2015, 9:33:23 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com

Mouse rob and I in my car. Probably can't fit another, as stuff in car. I was gonna bring nildon'ts, the giant cube (probably even if its not finished) the fogger and maybe the truncheon. I have a small knife I made too. Mouse is going to bring parts of barbot and the ropemaker I believe, though confirm with him... Could bring canjos if necessary, they take up space and were popular at the mini maker faire...

On 10 Apr 2015 2:26 pm, "Adam Froggatt" <frogg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm happy to bring all manner of props, goggles wot flash and blink, me-arm and a gameduino, and more than happy to man the stand.

I just have no transport. Accomodation yes. Transport no. That said, if transport is genuinely a problem then I'm happy to drop out if required.

jfowkes

Apr 10, 2015, 9:57:34 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Froggy, I think the only issue if you getting back on the Sunday. Currently only Toby is going back then and his car's full.
That said, if we hired a big enough car we could offload some of Toby's stuff into that to make space for you there?

jfowkes

Apr 10, 2015, 10:11:10 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Car rental is about £100 for a reasonably sized car. Pickup Friday morning, return Monday afternoon.

Andreas Reiter

Apr 10, 2015, 10:26:15 AM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
hejhej,

I'm planning to rent a car, will have to sort out timing etc. (it is most likely going to be friday to monday) but I'm happy to take people and things along!

best,
Andreas

bobf

Apr 10, 2015, 3:28:02 PM4/10/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I will be going to help on another table but will have some time to give a break on Saturday if this helps. No transport Sorry
All the best
Bobf

Banjoface

Apr 11, 2015, 2:08:06 PM4/11/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
As long as the stuff that would be occupying the space in my car occupies some space in another car returning on Monday, there's no reason Froggy can't occupy that space on Saturday afternoon/evening instead.

vicki...@tiscali.co.uk

Apr 12, 2015, 1:14:49 PM4/12/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I've decided to go so I'll be taking my car up on Friday and heading back on Sunday. I can take people or stuff if we're still short on transport.

jfowkes

Apr 13, 2015, 2:34:17 AM4/13/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Vicki, if you can take Adam and some stuff, then Andreas can take myself, Kate and Matt. Then I think we're sorted for transport.

Froggy

Apr 13, 2015, 4:26:14 AM4/13/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
That works entirely fine for me, apologies all for being the awkward one. Vicki, shoot me an email with what time you're leaving, I'll sort out to help you load up.

jfowkes

Apr 13, 2015, 6:30:07 AM4/13/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the wiki with what I think is happening, assuming Vicki and Andreas are both OK with what's been suggested.

Sophie Wilkinson

Apr 13, 2015, 7:01:23 AM4/13/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately me and Adam aren't gonna be able to make it now.

If anyone does want a travelodge room for friday night we have got one going at cost!!!! :P

Soph

Vicki W

Apr 13, 2015, 7:10:10 AM4/13/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
That's fine by me. Are you working on the Friday Adam?

Froggy

Apr 14, 2015, 7:30:14 AM4/14/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I am indeed. Shot you an email off-list to sort out timings.

Kate Bolin

Apr 22, 2015, 5:12:27 AM4/22/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
FINAL DETAILS:

(I'm not in tonight, so I'm sorting this out now)

We have nine people going for Nottingham Hackspace. We have eight passes.  This means that two people need to share the pass, or one person needs to buy a general ticket - the general ticket will be 20% on the day with a voucher (which we'll get).

If you are thinking of coming and want to get in on that 20% discount, let me know and I'll make sure I have a voucher for you as well.

The car containing me, James F, Andreas, and Matt Lloyd will be leaving the Hackspace around 11.  We will be taking the basic supplies (banner, flyers,etc.) and a few things, but we may have some room for other projects.

If you have a project that you would like to show off at Maker Faire, then leave it on the cutting table with a note on who owns it, what it is, and that you want it to go to Maker Faire.  We will put it right back there when we get back on Monday.

Everyone who is going, I will be sending you my phone number so that if you get lost or whatever, you can get in touch with me.

Banjoface

Apr 23, 2015, 5:43:38 PM4/23/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I'd just like to say that I am particularly looking forward to the Podcast of Kate, Andreas, Matt and James' car journey up.

Michael Erskine

Apr 23, 2015, 5:48:12 PM4/23/15
to nottinghack
Andreas will be recording everything anyway :)

On 23 April 2015 at 22:43, Banjoface <mating...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'd just like to say that I am particularly looking forward to the Podcast
> of Kate, Andreas, Matt and James' car journey up.

Matthew Gates

Apr 23, 2015, 5:53:26 PM4/23/15
to Nottinghack

Andreas Reiter

Apr 24, 2015, 5:02:34 AM4/24/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com

I am looking forward to the journey as well,  gonna be fun!

No recording planned though as I shall be concentrating on driving (and entertainment, potentially by singing along to the Best of Nickelback ;) )

Best,
Andreas
(written on a mobile device - typos included)

paul spacebee

Apr 24, 2015, 11:43:07 AM4/24/15
to notti...@googlegroups.com
surely the best of nickleback was deleted because of being too derivative to 4'33" by John Cage ?