Ninth Annual Festivus - Festivus IX 23rd December from 6:30pm

ChickenGrylls

Dec 10, 2019, 4:40:53 AM12/10/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
On the night of the 23rd December 2019 members and their guests are invited to the historic and traditional Nottingham Hackspace Festivus Party, our last before the world quietly slips into the 20s.

Activities will be kicked off officially at 18:30 (that's half six pee em) with a screening of Seinfeld

"A Festivus for the rest of us"

followed by:

FESTIVUS DINNER!

EAT: We will have a "pot-luck" Festivus Dinner... the more YOU bring the more there will be to eat. We invite you to (salad) dress to impress with your interesting and delicious festive dishes so please bring some food to share! Andrew Armstrong is bringing cake as he said no one else was any good at baking!

DRINK: There will be a barrel of real ale from Totally Brewed (for which we usually have a pledge drive) as well as many un-alcoholic drinks seeing as mein-host is now on the waggon. You are also of course invited to bring a bottle or bowl (punch...) of something along to share.

AND BE JERRY: We may have music as well as the traditional Festivus activities which optionally include:

THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES in which the founder will detail the many ways in which you have all disappointed me over the past year.

THE FEATS OF STRENGTH will be the traditional bout of NINJA though of course it'll only be over once the host has challenged one of the guests to wrestle and the guest has successfully pinned the host.

We encourage you to come along to this party which is a tradition of ours in the Festive season. The Hackspace will be properly decorated with a bare aluminium pole (and nothing more). We'll have the arcade machines up and running, there is talk of board games and rock-band games whatever they are as well as many other diverting activities. Cards against humanity is banned.

Tools & booze do not mix so tools will be strictly off limits to revellers of course. Do bring friends and family along too if that's your jam.

Dominic Morrow
(Festivus Host)

James Scholes

Dec 10, 2019, 7:59:34 AM12/10/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
For the perpetually confused, allow me to proffer this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y

Assuming I can get it all there, a Band of Rock should be in attendance.

Dan Spencer

Dec 10, 2019, 9:10:07 AM12/10/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Sounds great to me.

I will pledge £10 towards the Ale!

Andrew Armstrong

Dec 10, 2019, 9:25:05 AM12/10/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hey I just said I'd kill you all with sugar! I would endorse other baking :-)

I'll bring some board games along should be fun!

Andrew

Carl Stephenson

Dec 10, 2019, 10:10:07 AM12/10/19
to notti...@googlegroups.com
If I'm not working, I'll make some firebrick (chilli cheese bread, with an undisclosed amount of carolina reaper chilli) for those who dare!

ChickenGrylls

Dec 17, 2019, 4:37:07 AM12/17/19
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
The Festivus festive beer barrel holiday pledge o'rama-rama is up...

If you'd like "free beer" at Festivus and who wouldn't... (it's a Festivus miracle) you should make a pledge (all proceeds go to the Human Fund... money, for people... to pay for free beer).

Thanks

Dominic