nosetests won't find my tests on solaris 10 sparc

Yoni Tsafir

May 26, 2011, 7:56:32 AM5/26/11
to nose-users
I am working on a project that has tests that I run on multiple
platforms.

Every platform find the tests just fine, but in a solaris 10 sparc
machine I'm having a weird problem of nose finding only a very partial
subsets of the tests I need to run.

The only clue I have about this, is that when I run nosetests --
debug=nose.selector I get the following messages:

nose.selector: INFO: /path/to/test/test_something.py is executable;
skipped

chmod -x on the file didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Yoni.

jason pellerin

May 26, 2011, 9:08:48 AM5/26/11
to nose-...@googlegroups.com
You could try the --exe switch, that tells nose that you don't mind it

JP

Kumar McMillan

May 26, 2011, 11:35:42 AM5/26/11
to nose-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Yoni Tsafir <yon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> nose.selector: INFO: /path/to/test/test_something.py is executable;
> skipped
>
> chmod -x on the file didn't help.

Well huh. Could you log into a python shell on the solaris machine
and report back the output of this? Also, make sure the file is
readable by the executing user.

import os
os.access('/path/to/test/test_something.py', os.X_OK)

if it's True then Nose will skip the file. If that code returns True
but you know the file is not actually executable then time to file a
bug http://code.google.com/p/python-nose/

Yoni Tsafir

May 27, 2011, 3:28:36 PM5/27/11
to nose-users
That's the case....
I'll file a bug.

On May 26, 6:35 pm, Kumar McMillan <kumar.mcmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Yoni Tsafir <yoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > nose.selector: INFO: /path/to/test/test_something.py is executable;
> > skipped
>
> > chmod -x on the file didn't help.
>
> Well huh.  Could you log into a python shell on the solaris machine
> and report back the output of this?  Also, make sure the file is
> readable by the executing user.
>
> import os
> os.access('/path/to/test/test_something.py', os.X_OK)
>
> if it's True then Nose will skip the file.  If that code returns True
> but you know the file is not actually executable then time to file a
> bughttp://code.google.com/p/python-nose/

Yoni Tsafir

May 27, 2011, 3:29:34 PM5/27/11
to nose-users
Yep, that helps.
Thank you :)

Kumar McMillan

May 27, 2011, 4:33:59 PM5/27/11
to nose-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Yoni Tsafir <yon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the case....
> I'll file a bug.

Also, if you could tell us what the python code is to detect
executable files on Solaris then it would increase the chances of
getting the bug fixed by 100% :)