Update as of 9/22 : Team reg is closed; 10/1 pre-reqs deadline; Additional QT hosts/organizers needed; Team status; Challenge Updates; and Upcoming FIRST events.

已查看 275 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jill Wilker

未读,
2014年9月22日 11:27:302014/9/22
收件人 norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
Coaches,
7 Items this week: Team registration is closed; Deadline for pre-reqs coming up 10/1;  Additional tournament hosts/organizers needed;  Team status;  Challenge Updates; and Upcoming FIRST Events.

1. New FLL Team Registration is closed for NorCal -  teams that either have not paid yet (you have a nine digit temporary ID) or don't have 2 coaches screened in the FIRST TIMS system have a very limited time to complete these and get their field setup kit ordered  (FAQ).

2. DEADLINE FOR ROUND 1:  October 1st:  Team QT Pre-Reqs :  Only 1/4 of the teams have started/completed 1 or more of their QT pre-reqs.

3. We are still looking for ~10 additional hosts/organizers for Qualifying Tournaments.  If we don't get hosting sites and organizers stepping up very soon (< 2 weeks),  we will not have space for all of our teams to compete.  We are working with FIRST HQ on how to equitably resolve.  Some ideas being discussed are here.
If we don't end up with sufficient space for your team, we will refund your QT tournament fees promptly.

4. Qualifier tournament (QT) host sites and organizers needed - Planning session for new organizers on 9/28 The list of confirmed or "in process" confirmed QTs is posted here.

5. Team List and Status - For the teams that have completed all of their pre-reqs, the last step is for me to do a final (manual) review.  I will be starting in on that
this week and then team "Eligible to Register"  will be updated.

6. Did you see the 9/16 List of Challenge Updates  - there are now 17 Game Updates (and still 1 project update)!

7. Upcoming NorCal FIRST Events between September-October

            October 3-4:  CalGames FRC Competition at Woodside HS in Woodside

This is a weekly "recap" email to remind everyone about deadlines and other important info between now and the start of tournament season in November.   Please pass this along to the team parents and those in your team community.

Regards,
    Jill

Jill Wilker,   Playing At Learning, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
(510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org
Northern California FIRST® partner for Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League,  FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge
www.norcaljrfll.org  www.norcalfll.org     www.norcalftc.org

回复全部
回复作者
转发