Weekly update as of 10/12: QT Reg Round 2 opens, QT Reg process, Not competing, No challenge update, Help needed, Volunteer signup, Preparing for QT

Jill Wilker

Oct 12, 2014, 11:52:38 PM10/12/14
to NorCalFLL-announce
Coaches :

7 items for you this week: QT Reg Round 2 opens,  QT Reg process, Not competing, No Challenge updates, Help needed, Adult Volunteer Sign ups available, Preparing for QT webinar.

1)  Qualifier Tournament (QT) Reg Round 2 Opens Tuesday 10/14 at 7pm.    Tournament Registration will then be available for all Round 1 and Round 2 teams.  You will be able to register by clicking on the GREEN box that will show up on the top / right of the home page of www.norcalfll.org.   Your team's status will be updated by Monday night if you are eligible to register - look at the Explanation line.  For round 2 teams, the Explanation line will say, "Eligible to register in Round 2".

2)
Qualifier Tournament (QT)  Registration Process and PreReqs for teams that have not started their prerequisites

3) If your team is not going to compete at a NorCal Qualifier this year,  save me time and effort of trying repeatedly to reach you via email and phone and just let me know if your team is not going to register to compete.  A simple email is sufficient

4) No change this week - the 10/1 Challenge Game/Project Update is still the latest update.

5) Help needed in planning the FLL Championship events If you can help with preparations for at least one of the 3 District Championships, please let me know.   The effort estimate ranges from just a  few hours in total effort to a few hours a week.   We also recently started putting together descriptions for a variety of volunteer "staff" type of roles to help manage the 800+ FIRST Teams that we are trying to support.  Many hands, make light work  :-)

6) All Qualifier Tournaments (QT) are now listed in VIMS system.  If your team has registered into a tournament, your team's volunteer can go ahead and help the tournament volunteer coordinator by applying into a general volunteer role at that tournament.  Important:  Team Volunteers can not be a judge, judge advisor, referee or head referee but they can fill any other role.

7) Have questions about Qualifier Tournament (QT) including the schedule, rubrics, how to prepare, etc.  Join the Monday 10/13 7pm webinar.  Registration required.   The slides and recording will be posted on norcalfll.org.

Regards,
     Jill

Jill Wilker,  Playing At Learning, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Northern California partner for FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge  and Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League
www.norcalfll.org     www.norcalftc.org    www.norcaljrfll.org   (510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org

---