1/13 Update - Info about Innovation Expo and more

Jill Wilker

Jan 13, 2017, 12:35:10 PM1/13/17
to NorCalFLL-announce

FLL Community:

Please share this with your team's parents and community of friends and colleagues:

1) Update on the NorCal FIRST LEGO League Innovation Expo:   We have a confirmed location and date!   We will be at the Innovation Hangar (ihangar.org) on March 4-5 in San Francisco.     I have setup a dedicated page at http://www.norcalfll.org/innovation/  which will be the primary page and will (eventually) include all of the details like how to register, etc.

2) Your help is needed to create a great, fun Innovation Expo! We could add additional activities like an off season FLL competition, workshops,  FLL Jr Expo, FTC scrimmage, etc etc. but only if we get additional planning help.   If you can help with planning this new, pilot event, please let me know.  We have an amazing space and could make this into truly a showcase event but need not just your ideas but your time and energy in planning, logistics and execution.  Send me email at f...@playingatlearning.org,  if you can help in any way.

3) Know any company that values Innovation and interested in sponsoring our inaugural NorCal Innovation Expo?   Sponsors are needed for the NorCal FLL Innovation Expo - learn more at http://www.norcalfll.org/innovation/

4) A plea for volunteers - 3 more FLL Championships to go:  If you can spare a few hours or the full day (or even just the day before to help with setup), we have a role that you can fill.  Please review the list of  General Volunteer roles and a summary of their status at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_Ew9AGQwe2r9Qt0rY9Xe3sne1CHj9Xo6xP4p6e8yww/edit?usp=sharing   and sign up to volunteer.   Particularly grateful for anyone that can volunteer to help with setup/loadin and/or  cleanup/packout!

5) Finally, don't tear that Robot / Project apart! We will have several fun demo and outreach opportunities (and possibly offseason competitions) available!   First up is an opportunity to exhibit at Worlds Fair Nano on January 28-29 in SF.   Let me know if you are interested in popping in for a few hours with your project and/or robot between 9:30am and 6pm.   Particularly if your team is interested in moving on to FTC or FRC, outreach is a big deal and this is a great way to get started!

Regards,
     Jill

Jill Wilker,  Playing At Learning, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit      f...@playingatlearning.org

Northern California partner for FIRST® LEGO® League, FIRST® Tech Challenge  and FIRST® LEGO® League Jr
www.norcalfll.org     www.norcalftc.org    www.norcaljrfll.org    (510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org

---