Important message about FLL Championships - Team Volunteer Roles

Jill Wilker

Jan 4, 2015, 12:30:48 AM1/4/15
to NorCalFLL-announce
Additional info about team volunteers

It is just not working well to do the "Assign Me As Needed" due to each role having slightly different needs around time commitment, walking vs sitting, etc  etc.       Also, there are several positions that don't need to be filled (or that I reserve for high schoolers to do for community service) for this event but are "default" in the system and I can't remove/hide them.  :-(

Since the VIMS system is also impossible to let people know which roles are still open, etc,  I have now created a specific volunteer status table that has every role available for team volunteers, includes description of the role, hours and the latest status if the position is filled.   [The status is valid only for Silicon Valley at this time as that is my focus this week.]

Importantly, several new roles (with "Custom" in title) have been created in VIMS including 2 that coaches are allowed to fill  -  most of these are "half day" roles - this means that if your volunteer applies for one of these positions, then a 2nd volunteer from the team is also needed to fill another half day.    But it means that it may be easier on everyone as the time commitment is less than a full day.

Specific to Silicon Valley Championship:
Your team volunteer has been assigned IF they received an email confirming their assignment  [this is an update email similar to what they received when they apply for a role].   Nearly all of these assignment emails went out today after 5pm.    The SV team status table has been updated completely - however several volunteers did not enter which team that they are volunteering for, so they need to respond and let me know this information.

I have sent email out to all unassigned volunteers  (via fllvol...@playingatlearning.org) letting them know that they need to apply into a specific role.     I recommended that they look here at the volunteer table before applying to check hours, description and availability.

Regards,
Jill