5 Items: Outreach opportunities, camps/training and season planning

jillw - Playing At Learning

Jun 22, 2014, 11:15:24 PM6/22/14
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
1. OUTREACH:  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.   Thursday, June 26 10am-2pm: Looking for even a couple of FLL team members that can bring a FLL robot and to demo even one mission from Nature's Fury at INTEL Santa Clara HQ.  Lunch will be provided and we have Intel escorts for the team.   Currently,  we have zero representation for FIRST LEGO League -  please help if you can!   Email ji...@playingatlearning.org if you can do this.

2. Weekly FLL-oriented Youth Summer Camps at The Play Space in San Jose starting 6/24 -  NEW:  Thanks to a generous donation from Oracle Corp, we are able to offer these summer camps using EV3s!

3.  TRAINING: Saturday June 28 10-4:  Introduction to FLL Coaching. Sign up link live on www.norcalfll.org

4.  OUTREACH: Seeking help in talking about FIRST (and FLL) at San Jose STEAM Fest on Saturday July 12th from 10am to 4pm.   Let me know if you can help even for part of the day  (9:30am-noon,  11:30am-2pm, and/or  1:30pm-4pm)

5.  QUALIFIER HOSTS:  We are looking for additional 2014 FLL Qualifier hosts.   Summary Description.   Let me know if you can help coordinate and/or have a site that would be available to host. Send email to ji...@playingatlearning.org.

Regards,
     Jill

---
Jill Wilker,  Playing At Learning, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Northern California program partners for FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge  and Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League
www.norcalfll.org     www.norcalftc.org    www.norcaljrfll.org   (510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org

---