Inaugural FTC competition in Sacramento March 20-22

Jill Wilker

Mar 18, 2014, 11:40:55 AM3/18/14
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com

FLL Community,

This new FTC level of competition has been a year in the making and, for me personally, it has consumed me for nearly every available minute (and more).  We hope that you can join us  or at least tune into the live streams starting on Friday and going through Saturday.    The teams competing are truly the best of the west - and the game play will be amazing.    Also,  we still need volunteers  (14 years and older), particularly for Friday and for help with field reset, queuing, welcome desk and similar.  We are using the FIRST VIMS system to manage volunteers.  Learn more about volunteering at www.ftcwest.org/volunteer-information/

--

We invite you to the inaugural FIRST Tech Challenge West Super-Regional Championship robotics tournament as the top 72 teams from throughout the western US and beyond will compete while playing the 2013-2014 FIRST Tech Challenge game, FTC Block Party.

This year’s competition will be held March 20-22 at the McClellan Conference Center, situated at the historic McClellan Airfield in Sacramento, California with the best days to visit being Friday March 21st and Saturday March 22nd.

This exciting tournament, like all FIRST events, is free to attend and open to the public!

FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC) is a global robotics program that ignites an enthusiasm for science, technology and discovery in young people.  FTC is designed for upper middle and high school students who want to compete head-to-head, using a sports model. Small teams, generally up to 10 students, are responsible for designing, building, and programming their robots to compete in an alliance format against other teams.

Learn more about the event, FIRST, the FTC program and the competing teams at http://www.ftcwest.org/visitors/.