Weekly update as of 8/31: QT PreReqs, Team Registration reminder; Rookie Coach Training Session; Tshirt Design Contest; Experienced coaches needed; QT hosts/organizers; Upcoming Events

jillw - Playing At Learning

Sep 2, 2014, 1:42:35 AM9/2/14
to norcalfll...@googlegroups.com
Coaches,
Topics: Qualifier Tournament PreReqs,  FIRST Team Registration reminder;  Rookie Coach Training Session;  Tshirt Design Contest;  Help needed from experienced coaches;  Help needed for additional tournament hosts/organizers; and Upcoming Events.

1. Updated Qualifier Tournament (QT) PreReq process!   Deadline Oct 1st

2. Reminder about FLL Team Coach Requirements, specifically  Every FIRST team must have 2 adult, screened coaches per YPP policy.

3. Final In person Rookie Coach Training : San Jose 9/28.   If there is a need, we can look at doing an online session. Let me know

4. Tshirt Design Contest - deadline 10/11

5. Coaches Coffee Chats Returns in October and November - Need experienced coaches willing to donate a few hours.  Need a couple more...

6. Qualifier tournament host sites and organizers needed - Planning sessions for new organizers on 9/14 and 9/28.  At this time,  we are worried that we will not have adequate tournament space for all registered teams.

7. Upcoming NorCal FIRST Events between September-October
            September 6: FTC Kickoff at The Play Space
            September 19-20:  Capital City Classic FRC OffSeason Competition at Pleasant Grove HS in Elk Grove
            October 3-4:  CalGames FRC OffSeason Competition at Woodside HS in Woodside

This is a mostly weekly "recap" email to remind everyone about deadlines and other important info between now and the start of tournament season in November.   There was not an email update last week due to kickoff.  Please pass this along to the team parents and those in your team community.

Regards,
    Jill

Jill Wilker,   Playing At Learning, an independent, all-volunteer, educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit
(510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org
Northern California FIRST® partner for Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League,  FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge
www.norcaljrfll.org     www.norcalfll.org      www.norcalftc.org