Weekly update as of 10/22: QT Reg Closing, Challenge update, training uploaded, help needed, welcome, scrimmages

Jill Wilker

Oct 23, 2014, 3:36:37 AM10/23/14
to NorCalFLL-announce
Coaches :

6 items for you this past week (and a half): QT Reg closing 10/25,  Challenge updates,  Preparing for QT training webinar uploaded,  Help needed, Welcome email coming, Scrimmages.

1)  10/25 DEADLINE NorCal Qualifier Tournament (QT) Registration will close 10/25 at 7pm.    Any team that has not completed all prerequisites by Saturday 10/25 evening will not be able to register.  Space is very limited - if we run out of space before the deadline, then we will refund the $85 QT fee.   Check your team's registration status

2) Did you see the 10/26 Challenge Game/Project Update!   If you download the FLL App from FIRST you get notified when the new updates are published.

3) Preparing for a FLL Qualifier webinar from the end of September - slides and recording are now uploaded.  Note that the recording is a very large wmv file!

4) Help REALLY  REALLY needed in preparing for the FLL Championship events If you can help with preparations for at least one of the District Championships, please let me know.   The effort estimate ranges from just a few hours total to a few hours a week- all that can be done remotely.

5) The QT directors will start receiving their team lists this weekend - you should receive a welcome email from the QT director in the next week.

6) There are several scrimmages posted on the NorCal Social site

Regards,
     Jill

Jill Wilker,  Playing At Learning, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Northern California partner for FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge  and Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League
www.norcalfll.org     www.norcalftc.org    www.norcaljrfll.org   (510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org

---