Update as of 9/6: 6 items: NorCal reg requirements now available, and more

FLL Program -Jill

Sep 7, 2017, 1:12:44 AM9/7/17
to NorCalFLL-announce

Welcome - This is the 3rd email of the 2017 FLL season.  We send out a mostly weekly emails to remind everyone about local deadlines and other important info during the NorCal FLL challenge season.

Please pass this along to your team parents and others in your community that might be interested in FIRST LEGO League and encourage them to join this list.  Information is included at the bottom of this email on how to subscribe, unsubscribe as well as the link to visit the archive on the group's webpage.

Coaches & Community members - We have several important items for you:

1. Ready Now. Tournament Registration Reqs Ready: NorCal has a few requirements that need to be done before you can register your team into a qualifier tournament.  Learn more at http://www.norcalfll.org/norcalfll-qtreg-2017/

2. Sept 15th:   We are still expecting to open Early Bird Registration for teams that have completed their NorCal and FIRST reg requirements on September 15th. Learn more at http://www.norcalfll.org/norcal-tournament-registration/

3. Coming soon... Need-based FLL Team Grants!  We have a couple of sources of need-based FLL team grants this year. Will be ready soon (sorry for the delay - needed to focus on #1 above first)

4.  Sept 11th. (Rescheduled)  2017 Qualifier tournament host sites and organizers still needed  Info session for interested organizers and location hosts will be on Monday September 11th 7:30-8:30pm.  Link to join the online session is https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/949516973    Please let us know that you are interested in attending!

5. Anytime:  "Lunch and Learn" sessions - help us spread the message about FIRST!   We have a small dedicated group of volunteers that can come out to your company over lunchtime and do a presentation about FIRST and the opportunities to be involved. Learn more and fill out an Interest form

6.
Did you know that Playing At Learning is a 501(c)(3) public charity

                  .  Please keep us in mind for your charitable donations  - Donation Link
                  .  Playing At Learning does not receive funding from FIRST
                  .  Championship tournament sponsors needed!   Let us know if you can connect us to potential sponsor(s)
                  .  We rely on donations (matching grants and volunteer hours) from individuals like you
                  .  Super Easy way to help if you use Amazon: Add Playing At Learning as your charity and start from smile.amazon.com

                  .  Second Easy way to help if you shop at Lucky, SaveMart or FoodMaxx, goto escrip.com/shares and add Playing At Learning

Finally, if you don't see the links embedded in items above, you should visit this google group's home page at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/norcalfll-announce
to see the links.

Regards,

    Jill

Jill Wilker,  Playing At Learning, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Northern California program partners for FIRST® LEGO® League and FIRST® Tech Challenge  and  FIRST® LEGO® League, Jr
www.norcalfll.org   (510)  656-8664       www.playingatlearning.org